Panasonic HT900 defect

Username: Vicmerc

Post Number: 1
anybody know if the real cause of the popping followed by absent sound, when the unit is played at loud volumes, has been found? Any info on how to fix it would be most welcome.

vulgrin
Unregistered guest
I would also like info on this. Mine doesn't just do it at loud volume, but just after a while of normal use. It sometimes takes hours for the unit to recover - leading me to wonder if its a heat problem of some kind. I'd love to know if anyone else finds a way to fix it...

Username: Vicmerc

Post Number: 2
hi vulgrin,

does the fan on the subwoofer work? I solved mine by modifying the circuit so that it is always on. That solved most of the failures. It still does rarely suffer from sudden loss of audio.

bruce richards
Unregistered guest
I believe there is an overheating issue with this model. My unit began to periodically lose audio then totally loss it. Repair shop said overheating fried about three major components and the cost of repair would be almost $300. Need less to say I'm just buying a new system and it will not be a Panasonic!

Username: Drumforjc

Post Number: 1
If you can catch it fast enough and you are tech savvy. I replaced the fan in mine with a 120v fan and ran the power off the switched primary of the transformer in the unit and my problem went away. I can help with information if you need it. This was a $12.00 fix but if your unit is already fried then this will do you no good.

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem with my HT900. How do you modify the circuit so the fan is always on? I tried every electronics store in my area and had no luck finding a 120v fan that will fit inside the case. Unit still works for short periods of time. I don't think it's fried yet but it's getting worse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us