Hook up for Cable box, VCR, DVR, Receiver

z28n4x4
Unregistered guest
I need some help... I have a Technics SA-DA10 Receiver, Pioneer DVR DVR-225, Sony VCR SLV669HF, and a RCA TV Entertainment Series and a Scientific Atlantic cable box with three l,r,vido outputs.

I want to have the ability to tape shows on the vcr and watch them.

Record and watch movies on the DVR. and I want this all to run through my surround sound speakers. I have the speakers hooked up. I just need help on hooking the components up. Please help. I have read a lot of posts but have not seen one with all then components together. But I may have missed it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Dsamuelson

San Mateo, CA USA

Post Number: 4
You should be able to plug all of that into your receiver directly depending on the quality. If not, I used the system below when your receiver doesn't have the proper video inputs.

Hopefully all of your components have the same outputs (component, s-video or rca). My TV has component input, all my devices have component outputs. I went to radioshack and purchased a component selector ($30.00), it lets you plug all your devices (VCR, DVR, DVD, Games) into it. Now you take the video cables from the selector device and plug it into the TV. Then take the Audio cables from the device selector and plug them into the AUX (or anyone you wish) input on your receiver. Now you never have to change the audio on your receiver, just click the selector device to switch between DVD, VCR, TV and so forth.

Don't know if this is what you were looking for but hope it helps. Let me know if this is confusing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us