5.1 amplification

jake_needs_help_:D
Unregistered guest
hey all, i recently purchased two quite large speakers for a very cheap price (bass/mid speaker is 9" to give an idea of size). I also have 2 sets of small-ish car speakers, and one hi-fi speaker.....sounds like a mess, doesn't it?
they are in my attick bedroom at the moment, hooked up to my hi-fi like this: 1 large speaker and 1 of each car speaker on each side, and then the singular hi-fi speaker is wired to both the left and right channels from the hi-fi, and is crudely screwed to the apex of my attick ceiling acting as the center speaker. i was wondering how possible it could be to convert the speakers to a 5.1 system, either by buying a reasonably cheap 5.1 system and amplifying it, then using my own speakers (large ones for rear left and right, then link up the two smaller sets of car speakers having one from each set for front left, and one from each set for front right, and then having the singular hi-fi speaker as center, and keeping the subwoofer from the original 5.1 system, or are there any readily available amplifiers where you can put just a left and right signal in, and the amplifier will split the signal into surround sound, and if so i could buy a subwoofer separately.
sorry this was so long but i am quite stuck.

Username: Jake_1989

RugbyUK

Post Number: 2
^^^^^^problem has been solved now everybody, moderators can close this thread if need be
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us