8' X 13' room set up

Username: Cpc1225

Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am new here.
I have a plan to convert a small room to a SIMPLE HT room that can fit 4 to 5 person, for movies, karaoke session, do some reading or relax with music. I wish to get some opinion and suggestion here before I do some thing that I will regret later.
The room is 8' wide, 13' long and 10' high. Concrete slab floor, 6" thick brick wall all around with smooth plastering and concrete slab as ceiling. A timber door on one side of the 13' wall and no window.

Room treatment -- What is cheap and adequate for a room like this? I have seen people cover the floor and the wall with dark color carpet and paint the ceiling to black. Is this appropriate for my case?

Hardware -- What I have in mind is HTPC connect to a HT system. For HTPC should I go for LCD TV so that I can use it for computer task once in a while? What is the capacity of HT system recommended for a room size like this?

As this project is still in planning stage, I am open to all kind of suggestion. Thank you in advance for your kind input. (Bow)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us