Archive through April 14, 2005

Anonymous

i bought these speakers at a pawn shop for $130 I thought that i was getting a deal. they were in good shape but i mean come one for $65 a peice you can't beat that. there shure as hell ain't no other speakers that i can get for that price that sound half as good.

Anonymous

HAHHAHAHHA youg uys are fuken hilarious, i got those speakers for 25bux a pieace n sold em to sum chumps for 300 a pieace, hahahhaha i didnt think it would work till i saw all these post n noticed that all u fukers fell for it too, so i gave it a try n now im a 1000bux righer. ahhahhahahhah i love idiots like you, keep it up.

BestBuy
Unregistered guest
Best Buy Fredericksburg VA. Dec 25,2004.

I WAS SO PISSED OFF IF ONLY GOT THE LIC. Of that blue MINI-VAN.

Fox Valley Mall Scam IL
Unregistered guest
In fox valley mall parking lot, illinois, Naperville/ Aurora. These fukers scammed my friend, it was 4 of us and these guys had a green explorer with temp plates. They tried to sell it to us for 400$ and we got them to go down to 140 in cash and a 100$ Best Buy gift card. If we see these fukers again they will die and it will be on like donkey kong. This guy looked kinda like a Hippy with a Skull cap that was either brown or dark green. He had a brown winter jacket on and he ssmelled like cigarettes. He had a guy in the car with him that looked like a flame. He kept talking about drinking beer. He had a goatee beard. The flame guy had a Digital Research jacket on that was blue. Even if thesae wieners keep gettin away with this, they will eventually burn in hell. If u see them beat some a$$ for all of us!

Stero-San
Unregistered guest
Got scammed today in Phoenix AZ, in a Fry's Parking Lot. The guys showed me the magazine and spit some junk about the warehouse giving them two too many, and they needed to get rid of some because their boss wasn't going to pay to ship them back, and they wouldn't fit in the car, or some BS like that. Out 200 bucks.

Stero-San
Unregistered guest
They also claimed to be from ahwatukee. Joey, if you ever see them around get their plates for me.

Anonymous

Oh yeah..just got scammed 200 bucks today in Indianapolis, IN. Same story men... One too many of them digital research speakers from the warehouse and the guy (Jeremy) wanted to get rid of it. Watch out for that old red pickup truck thats falling apart. Serves me right for looking for a quick deal...I am actually amused...

Username: 3and15

Post Number: 1
What i swrong with you people---do any of you know anything about speakers or even herard a decent set of them??? I bought these off ebay (da 5.1 pro series 2) for $180 and they sound better then high end speakers. If you get them (the DA5.1 series) for less them $500 you ARE GETTING A DEAL. They reach higher frequencies and the bass is so much more powerful then other systems that you pay 3 times as much for. I have owned many speaker systems and this is the best i have ever owned.. They even (hands down) beat the JVC TH-M55--listed price $550. Don't just take my word for it....just compaire the speakers to tother systems and you WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. Granted--i got the da5.1 series 2 (which may have been a good model) and i have not owned any other model. but the da5.1 is not a rip off

Anonymous

i got scammed too for 250 in Montreal,Quebec Walmart Parking lot ,two guy in a grey Toyota highlander

BIG C
Unregistered guest
YA....GOT SCAMMED HERE TOO...IN BAD NEWS VA....CEPT HE JUST TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET AND BOUNCED....COULDNT CATCH HIM AND HE TOOK OFF IN A WHITE RENTAL VAN WITH NO TAGS.

Anonymous

wow, wish i would have seen this forum sooner!! i got scammed at a gas station in clearwater, FL by a guy in a white van, same story as most of you. however i only paid $140 bucks for the Digital Research dr-1000 5.1 surround, which im NOT striking it up as a loss!! i think they sound fine, they arent a bose or polk but for $140 i dont feel so bad. any more than that and i would be pissed. i told my friends that if they saw one of these guys to offer them $50 and see if they'll take it, i think it would be a good deal for $50 if you just wanted a surround system. they are real speakers and sound pretty good so im content with my purchase, however i will NEVER buy anything out of the back of a van ever again!!

mfmf
Unregistered guest
i was walking to my car in chasewood plaza (in jupiter, florida) and 2 guys in a black SUV stop by me and say hey do you need some speakers. i automatically thought they meant car speakers, so i was like "no im good" then i thought they just meant for free. so i was like, "hey, for free?" so they drive around and he gives me this whole story about how he works for this company that installs speakers and he got excess inventory. he went into a story before about excess inventory on plasma screens and such and how he turned them in and only got $100 from his boss. so now he wants to keep these but he needs money for storage so he wanted to know if i wanted to buy a pair. i kept saying no, not really, i dont need them unless theyre free. they kept asking how much i could do. i was like i really dont have a lot of money and i dont want to lowball you guys or anything. (little did i know they were screwing me over) he shows me this magazine that looks legit with the speakers in them that has them listed for $2000. i say that im a college student and i dont have a lot of money. they keep asking me and finally i say, like $100. so somehow they say to eachother, $100 for each of us that aint bad. i dunno, they had their ways of confusing the hell out of me. i also thought i was getting 2 systems instead of the 1. so i called my dad and he was skeptical too. he shouldve told me to tell the guys to go screw themselves but he didnt. he said it was my money if i lose anything off of it. he says that theyre located in kendall, miami and that theyve installed stuff for celine dion before. i was like "oh really? cool. my girlfriend lives in kendall" im a retard for thinking it was legit cause he threw out a place i knew about. i threw down $300 for these things. and since i was in such a rush i left my atm card in the atm. (because they were in a rush; he even said he had gotten a call from his boss when i came back from the atm). i put the speakers in my car, they drove off, i drove off. i realized i left my atm card and hauled back to the bank. the card was gone and the bank didnt have it either. luckily i cancelled the card before any more damage was done. and now i just figured out all this is a scam. boy am i an idiot. guess ill try and sell it on ebay. anyone know if its illegal to sell them on ebay? or if its just a crappy brand.

Anonymous

Long Island here. Fell for it too. Digital Research DR-1000 Platinum Series. I haven't hooked up the center and rears yet. The one real problem i have is the power. There is very little of it. The box says 800w. 300wSub amp. All horse crap. In the booklet inside the box is where you get the actual power. 40w sub + 12w for the satellites. I paid $179 for it, which was everything I had in my wallet. Ha Ha. I don't feel too dopey. I mean, it's an acceptable 5.1 system for the basement or a bedroom. Oh, I almost forgot. The remote it comes with is very cheap and if you lose it or it breaks, you are screwed. You can't control the bass and treble without the remote. you also can't switch the inputs. Where are you going to get another remote? From their website? Screwed again. Oh, back to the power. Crank it as much as it will go. Itsounds fairly crisp, but the sound level is not over the top, and that's cranked. I guess I got ripped off, but it could've been worse. Even so, if I do ever see these guys again, my arms will be swingin' and my fists will make them regret they met me.

BadGambler
Unregistered guest
Toledo, OH (Spring Meadows Shopping Center)... Day after this past Thanksgiving. I'm doing Christmas shopping, fighting traffic & snow. They pull up next to me and get me to roll my window down. "Want some speakers?"

I say "sure" and they tell me to follow them to a nearby parking lot. On the way to the parking lot I have bells & sirens going off in the back of my head, telling me to drive off in the opposite direction. But I figured, What the Hell.

Two young guys in a White Expedition. Claim to work for a custom installer in Detroit. They both sing some radio jingle, which I don't know, because I only listen to CDs. They show me the magazine. They show me the DR-1000's. Sweet. "How much cash can you spare?"

"What do you want," I ask. He says that the dock manager loaded more systems into their truck than they had to deliver, but they were "signed for." They just wanted quick cash.

They knew I was skeptical, so they started at $350, then $300... Then I told them no, no, no. I am ~somewhat~ knowledgeable about HiFi and just didn't feel good about it. Finally the 2nd guy gets out, pulls one of the sets from his truck and puts it in front of my truck. He only wants $200 now. Gives me his name. "Chuck." Chuck writes his cell phone number on the back of a card. 931-217-3285. "You can call it right now if you want." Tells me he's from Nashville and just started working at the Detroit store. "Call me later and you can buy me a beer." At this point I figure "what the hell" and we go to the ATM. But he is NOT getting any beer from me.

The whole time, I was telling myself that I would hock them on eBay. I've already got some very nice PSB's which I'm very happy with. I was also telling myself that they probably aren't worth $200, but life isn't fun without some risk, eh?

This is why I don't try to win my airfare or hotel costs back in Vegas. I'm a perfectly mediocre gambler, and ended up short this time... but how much?

I called Chuck that night because I wanted to get my money back, and he told me he was really busy and could arrange to meet me the following afternoon. When I called during the next 2 days, the cellular service provider gave me a recorded message saying that "the person you are trying to call is not available," so Chuck obviously doesn't have voice mail. Oh well...

6 weeks after I bought the DR-1000, I've just been too busy to move them. I decided to do a little research, and found this forum. It's a bit theraputic to write ad nauseum to a forum.

I didn't need the speakers, and was looking to make a quick buck just like these guys were. I'm really only pissed at the "story." There's nothing wrong with using pressure sales tactics, nothing wrong with selling something out of the back of a van. I just wish these guys would have been a little more truthful. However, I gambled, and lost. I've definitely blown money on stupider things (but jiggling b00bs and roulette provide temporary fun), and the $200 gone may be partially recoverable through eBay or the Pawn Shop. Either way, I ignored my better judgement...

Fool me once, shame on me...
Fool me twice? Not after this.
I'll pay $200 for this lesson.

sucker's friend
Unregistered guest
my friend and i got waved over leaving fox valley mall. black explorer, actual plates. same guys as described above for naperville. i tell him no, but the idea of making some money gets him going, so he kills his bank accounts and gives them $200. they open the box to show us the stuff and one of the speakers is busted, so they give us the other box. he puts me in charge of fixing up an ebay sale, and when i do research to see what he might get, i get you guys. meanwhile, i still have $600 in the bank and their plate number. hope he likes those speakers for 200. the cops should like the guys. later.

lied to
Unregistered guest
Yup. Same ole sh*t here too. Just got had yesterday...Naperville, IL (Chicago)....on my way into Fox & The Hound right next to Best Buy. 2 guys in a marron beat up van. Had several Digital Research DA 5.1 ProSeries III systems and 1 other one. List price on the box is $1,999. I knew better, but didn't listen to myself. Only out $220. I'm not so p*ssed about paying $220 for speakers that I knew all along are not worth $1,999. I think what I'm most upset about is dude told me it included a received and it DOESN'T!

Bottom line for anyone that's reading these postings? Understand you're paying for speakers that are not worth $1,999 (you're getting what you're paying for) and make the dude open the box and show you the receiver if he's telling you so.

Good luck.

I like the reverse sting "buying club" idea to scam the scammers.

Anonymous

my brother gave these stupid speakers to my mom
of all people!!!! she lent him 200 dollars to get his car out of impound ! they both thought they got a good deal ! my cousin is now getting them as a house warming gift. and you thought your family was disfunctional.

Unregistered guest
Same sh*t here but i got the guys licens number, cell number and address. Im just going to find the fu*ker and have myself a little fun.I was going to the Mall when i was stoped by some guy with their shockz4 subs and shockz12 subs. So i bought them thinking i was getting a deal. well we will see who gets who at the end:-). He still calls me thinking i want to buy more so im ganna tell him to get me a couple and jump the fu*ker take his money and his sh*t. The 10" sound good but not worth $1,500. the 12" are ok but not worth the $300 i paid. i gues i paid a ok price for the 10" because they sound good with my amp. but i still am going to get this fu*ker...

And how you know the web page is a scam no bissnes uses a yahoo acount for a contact email address.. also when you print on of their pages look at the top of the print out all the links are fu*ked up...

But hey every one here must admit that they are good because I live in Washington state and they have scamed all around the contry.

If any one want to contact me about the information i have on them just e-mail me at xphynix@yahoo.com

Username: Solosiam

Hillarious, reading all you guys defending your purchasing decision, These are cheapo Chinese import speakers.

Here in Thailand they retail in the shops for around 20-50 US$ a set.

Its funny how all these people who get scammed, end their posts with "actually they sound pretty good", When we all know they sound like cheap crap. Go spend your money on a proper system by a real manufacturer and you will be throwing your Scam speakers out in no time at all.

Reston, VA
Unregistered guest
yup, me too. probably the same guys as the other Fairfax, VA guys. Shoulda tipped me off when he had a dip in his lip and a country accent, and he then told me he was from baltimore, MD. If you got scammed in Fairfax, VA and the guy was a really short dude in a white van, email me. id love to find someone who got their license plate.

i want to be pissed off, but all i can do is laugh. i got scammed and i thought i was smarter than that. guess not...

hutchjr@verizon.net

Unregistered guest
I am idiot i bought the same theater research 5.1 home theater system in salem, Or the guys said there boss laoded too many in there white dodge dakota. I paid 200 dollars for the system. They even said they would make me out a receipt. They sold one to another guy standing there also I feel sorry for him cause he paid 700.

Unregistered guest
I got scammed on 1/12/2005 at 1:00p.m. in Winona MN. in a Manards parking lot. I got the DA 5.1 Pro Series III for $200 and I am PISSED OFF. It's sh~t!!!!!! He said they where extra and he had to get rid of them. The guy that did most of the talking was scrony with sick teeth. The other guy had small brown glasses. They where in a red/maroon van the Lic. # is MWF-5(66)?I think that is what the last two #'s were? From MN.

Unregistered guest
hello all i was aproched in my parking lot at home by 2 guys that had a deal of a life time so they made it seem . same storey as the rest of you i guess to many stocked ..... cant take them back ..... well ya i was pissed but got to hand it to these guys they got there crap together books spec sheets the works well i bought some and learned my lesson .all though here in canada we get the plate # of the van and get there buts busted :-) so to every one who got scammed sorry to hear but you are not alone its reached canada .and looks like its spreading pretty far out just hope people know enough to research for speakers or anything else for that matter and dont just jump at a good deal when they come up cause 9 out of 10 times you sre not screwing the other guy its only you that gets screwed in the long run :-( i am out latter all and sorry to everyone again

Username: Wrongguy

Montreal, Quebec Canada

got scammed in montreal for 200.00 and a carton of smokes...money was no big thing it was the after affects of how did this happen to me? Same drill as everyone else but i managed to get all the info 0n them. Best part of it was i got all their phone numbers off the web and have been pranking them for a month straight. Today a month later I bumped into to the scammer " french guy who speaks very good english and is most likely italian( he was wearing an italia hat but looks very italian) in loblaws in the west island with his "girlfreind" he saw me and would not come down any of the aisles where i was...we were looking out for each other. Thing is it was payback time...i now his liscense plate number and know where he lives or his girlfriend does as I folowed him out of the parking lot. So the gameplan is get 5 of my boys together all way bigger and crazier than myself and knock on his door in the very near future...and guess who will be going to the atm machine this time! The look on his face will be histarical...Payback is a bit**...oh ya you owe me interest fool ...This time you really messed with the wrong guy. If you are in the montreal area and want to have fun give these guys a shout. They are really used to it by now:Jack unger and norman slater are my personal favorites!

Leads: Montreal Area: authorities may contact "Le Saint" at: Mtl_van_scam@hotmail.com for additional info on perpetrators.

GLOBAL AUDIO NETWORK (GLOBAL AUDIO LTD)
LINDSTROM, FRANCOIS 1st Shareholder
827, LAKESHORE DR. DORVAL QC H9S 2C7

Global Audio Network (Global Audio Ltd)
4800 Cote Vertu Blvd, St-Laurent QC
514-339-1161
Manager : Jeremy Brown Cell # : 613-263-1786 Office empty 30/Nov/01

Les Ventes LTS ltée
8012 Jarry E., Anjou PQ H1J 1H5
514-355-7430
Owner: Slater, Norman Cell # : 486-5296

Sound Illusion Production
11820 Alexandre Lacoste, Montréal H3M 1Z2
514-737-6949
Head: Unger, Jack

Musique Depo
8480 St-Michel

Jan, Sandy (Office manager) (514) 845-1558
3462 Aylmer , Montreal H2X 2B6

Scam Vehicles Montreal Area/ Quebec plates: 1) FK13056 2) F4Z8746 3) FY93920 4) FYB3331

Speaker Guy #1001
Unregistered guest
Does anyone realize that there are well in excess of 1000 speaker guys, working a semi-legit job, just trying to earn a living. The sales pitch is not honest but either is the shoe saleman who tells you he has 1 pair left in your size. We don't even need to mention the used car salesman. How about the bottled water companies. $1+ for a 20 oz. bottled water, or 89 cents for a gallon of the same brand. Gasoline? WOW imagine that. We're being scammed ever where we turn. OR MAYBE SALES PEOPLE HAVE REALIZED AND Come To Terms With : It's amazing how many people will buy if they think they're buying something stolen. YOU DIDN'T MIND that some business owner or insurance company was going to lose a few thousand $dollars$. But oh how Holy You Become when you found out you didn't get to take advantage as much as you thought. Whats the proverb? "Thou Shalt Not Judge Lest Ye Be Judged". It's a simple fact : The salesman is no more greedy than the guy shaking "as he's handing me the money". All is fair. If you have half a brain you know you're gambling : there might be a brick in the box...the salesman might be an under cover cop...Etc. When you think of all the things that might have gone wrong, You got lucky. You plugged them in and they actually work. And they sound better than Jensen or Sony Home Speakers. I've unplugged people's Cerwin Vegas and Altecs....and they handed me the money after they heard the These. Life Goes On. Live and Learn, and GET OVER IT. You learned a cheap lesson and didn't fair out so badly. Peace

JOlsen
Unregistered guest
got hit at canadain tire parking lot in Lethbridge Ab. Canada two guys in a white minivan didn't get plate number or anything but for 280 if they sound decent i don't really care they where cheap and i'm a brokass student.

Anonymous

They are in Clarksville, TN now. My fiance' bought them for $200. We'll see how they sound....

Anonymous

Got hit at canadian tire parking lot in Kitchener ontario,Canada on jan 19 2005 one guy in a brown van sold me two massive speakers for a hundred bucks. i found out about the scam, but the speakers work prime and i will be glad to get scammed anytime.

Username: Seichorn

I bought these for $100 on ebay +$26 for shipping. For $100,I got a deal as far as I'm concerned. If I was to have a bunch of these to sell, I would try to get about $200 for them. I have a pair of Sansui SP1200's and they are starting to show (sound) their age. And what I just bought will do just fine until I can afford a better speaker system. I wonder how much better these little speakers would sound in a wood enclosure? To all those that got ripped off, I would suggest trying to sell them on Ebay. Be honest and upfront and you should have no problem getting at least two bills for them.

Ivan Speeaker
Unregistered guest
I LOVE THESE SPEAKER GUYS!!! It's like deals on wheels....I put the B&O towers I had in my living room in my basement and replaced them with the Theater Research TR-1610 Towers. They ROCK!!!!!! I only paid $600 for the pair and it was DEFINITELY the best $600 I've ever spent!!!!!!

I am an IDIOT!!
Unregistered guest
Mesa, Arizona: I ran into people like this twice in 4 weeks! Funny thing is, they worked for two different companies, so look out; there's competition in this business already! It was the Magazines and the t-shirts that sold me. It just looked so legitimate! With the second guy I ran into, I was a complete IDIOT to not stop and realize that these guys were scam artists. (He's probably laughing at me now.) Being the stupid, trusting, gullable loser that I am, I gave in to the friendly "help a guy out" show that he put on, and bought ANOTHER set of different speakers, thinking I could sell them for some good money. That's when I found this forum. Both times I asked for their personal information, and they gave it to me freely. I thought that would be a good enough safe guard against fraud, but come to find out they LIED about that, too. Some lady picks up the phone: "Sorry, no Aaron lives here." Jerks. He even TOLD me that if I wasn't satisfied, I could call him ANY TIME, and he would buy them back from me for the same price. What does that tell you about the way they do business?! I haven't plugged them in yet, so I can't make any judgements just now if I regret spending the money or not. Anyone who has posted the idea that these guys have done nothing wrong doesn't know what they're talking about. Giving out fraudulent information, especially for profit, is a crime, no matter how you look at it. I am seriously planning on calling up some of the local radio stations to send out a warning all over the Phoenix valley. Perhaps people in other cities can do the same. Maybe if we get enough people to know about this, we can shut them down.

I am an IDIOT!
Unregistered guest
I HOOKED UP THE SPEAKERS to my Aiwa surround system... THEY... SUCK!!!! Hardcore!!! I turned up the volume of my receiver full blast, and they didn't make any kind of impressive display at all! Now, the description says they're 10-400 watts, 92 dB... that is a blatant LIE!!! My $100 Altec Lansing 2.1 system for my PC sounds 10 times better than these P.O.S. "Digital Research DR-2810" towers! Dead serious. I got SCREWED!!!! I am ashamed to mention the price I paid for these things. No use trying to sell them online, either; people are starting to get word now. Good! Maybe that means somebody will shut them down soon!! F4GS!!

Username: Too_xtreme

Gatineau, Quebec Canada

The same thing happen to me but i didn't buy it
two guys offered me 800$ each {digital research} box they said it was worth 2000$ us with the bill,they said "had ordered 1 but there was a mistake in the shipping
so they had 3. so they had 2xtra and they needed
to sell them or their boss would be mad.
they even offered me 200$. they down form 800 to
200$ and that was their mistake, then i knew not to by them. they had black suv chevrolet yukon 97-99. with liscence plate from Quebec.

WATCH OUT FOR THESE CROOKS!!!!

Speakers For Sale
Unregistered guest
I got approached on my college campus in Tampa Florida from 2 dudes in a black Jeep telling me they had an extra Home theater system and that they had to meet they're boss. They told me theyr'e worth $2000, but I got him down to $140. After I found this forum I realized I have mixed messages about the quality of them. I have listed to sell them on Ebay for the same price I paid. I just don't want to buy a reciever to try them out with. If anyone is intrested write respond.

M to the K
Unregistered guest
Two F..kers in chicago driving a chevrolet yukon wanted $650. thay told me they had some 4 extra boxs shiped over. any way I got them down to $220, Thinking i'm the MAN. But turns out i got f-ed

M to the K
Unregistered guest
Two F..kers in chicago driving a chevrolet yukon wanted $650. thay told me they had some 4 extra boxs shiped over. any way I got them down to $220, Thinking i'm the MAN. But turns out i got f-ed

Username: Angieomar8

Cathedral City, California United States

My brother bought a home theater system from this #@%&* dude driving a white suburban at an am/pm in cathedral city, california. he was selling them for $700.00 but my brother only had $100.00 and sold it to him its not too bad the price but still its a big scam for people that do buy it for more money. thats good my brother didnt have more money with him because he would of bought them for more.

Mathieu Pinch
Unregistered guest
They are in Montreal, Quebec, Canada too. Man i'm an idiot. got ripped off today. Got the liscense plate though. I will get these motherfu......

Anonymous

San Diego, CA, Same sh*t, $220, License plate# 53XZ181, Green Ford Expedition, what comes around goes around..

no weed
Unregistered guest
Montreal(west Island) is where I got hit. 3 young guys in a maroon minivan(pontiac transport,I think) Paid 2 bils. They wanted weed-had none. I'm a fool!!They were hilarious, saying if you see us at the bar that I owed them some beers! I got something for you if I see you- it ain't beer, but I got a box that I'm gonna fit up your a**. It was the dr-1000 platinum

rolandg.c.s.
Unregistered guest
i bought the rt7000 surround sound for $280.00,the speakers are worth it,compared to ultimates klipshe surround that sounds basicly the same and way less $$$$.i've ran in to these guys several times in different areas in texas ialready purchased 4 differnt sets for all the same price $280.00 friends like what i sold them for $400.00 each no complaints,hey got to make bank some way,good job speakerguys.thanxs dallas tx. ps.hey if your mad go pay full price for the same sound c-ya

Anonymous

they are in stuart florida at home depot. watch out.

Username: Martlam

Got ripped off in Mtl today too by the same guys!!! Got their plate number....FCC7876 or FCC7678.

You can reach me at martlam@hotmail.com if you wanna make payback time!!!

Username: Martlam

Post Number: 2
In Mtl....they said that they were working for a transport company named Transport Simard!!

Bunnnwilmington
Unregistered guest
yeah yeah yeah happend here in wilmington NC i was like whatever ill flip them the same as they got me but i ended up just keepin em, yeah they suck (the speakers that is ) i wish i had found out before but what can you do. i got em down anyway so i didnt spend that much actaully compared to other brands the amount of speakers and stuff that cam with it i got a great deal BUT the sound quality SUCKS !!!!! Beware they re out there !!!!

Unregistered guest
WOULD LIKE TO ADD MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEST PRODUCTS TR-0212 (Dam good for supposed junk)
Have been reading about these all over the net and just wanted to voice my oppinion.........

I came across your posts on the internet. I thought I would let you know my experience with these speakers. I purchased 2 sets of the TR-0212 digital loud speakers because I had never herd of Theater Research before and wanted to try them out. I paid $290 for a set of 2 off the internet a total of around $650 with shipping. In my opinion they sound great for the money. My setup consists of a Harman/Kardon AVR125 (paine in the a#! gitting it to work with xlr cables), Furman PL-Plus DM power conditioner, Furman AR-1215 voltage regulator, Behringer Ultragraph Pro FBQ 3102, Virtulizer Pro DSP 2024D, Ultrabass Pro EX 1200, Ashly CLX-52 Dual channel compressor/limiter, 2 crown XLS 602 running at 370w per channel at 8-ohm and 2 crown XLS 202 bridged into 500w @ 4-ohm to run both polk subs. That's a total of 1480 watts running the loudspeakers and crown doesn't make crap. I have had this setup for about a year now and have had no problems with the speakers. They take every bit I put at them. Am able to take the volume up to about 90%-93% before the amps start clipping with no distortion from the speakers. I took the boxes apart to inspect them when I got them. The boxes aren't made to bad did a little modification to them. Components look average, haven't been able to test each component yet, when I take them apart to rewire the boxes I am going to run each on a bench setup we have to test audio equipment. Just figured that I would put my experience. For the money I paid they were definitely respectable. Able to take the punnishment of listining to techno all the time and still going. No problems. If you have any questions let me know. My name is Shawn, email extremetoyzz@aol.com and no I am not a sales person for these products, I own an automotive customizing business and a repair facility right next door. Extreme Toyzz LTD. And 5 Star Auto Care. Phone 440-974-0704

Anonymous

These speakers litter Ebay. Some selling as real sellers, other selling to get rid of the 'scam' items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1499%26item%3D5746714637

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993%26item%3D5746427362

I'd like to do a side-by-side comparison to hear these things. They actually might be worth the $200, but I am not willing to find out, nor do I like the 1980's styling. I don't like the idea of the 'lie' behind them either.

So, I bought a cheap Yamaha 6.1 speaker system for under $200 from BestBuy and am VERY happy.

Skunk
Unregistered guest
Well for all you people bytchin about getting ripped off you bought the speakers cuz you thought you we getting them for a deal beacuse he said they were worth 1999.00 and you got them for 300.00 so you know that you were trying to get a leg up so i say to you ha your just as guilty as the salers for trying to get something that you know was and over site and a good deal so stop all the bytching cuz you were buying them at far less then they were listed and if lets say i bought a car for 500.00 and sold it for 1000.00 that makes me a thief or a scammer b.s get real....wake up its business and you bought them so whats can you say for yourself how about ((DUMBASS)) thanks.....a speakerman van salesman PeaceOut

phoenix111
Unregistered guest
phoenix about a month ago... guys even wanted to buy weed... They were driving a white truck and had about 5 of the 5.1 pro series III. Got me for $300. Not sure how they sound since I havent hooked em up.

Anonymous

Found a scammer in Dallas-Fort Worth area,Texas

Driving a White KIA Sportage
TX License B14-BRS
Profile: White, red hair, blue eyes
About 5.7 feet tall
Has a brown leather jacket and a Harley Davidson wallet

Call police and tell them you were scammed by this guy.

snwsurfer
Unregistered guest
I just got approached by some guys on Ogden Ave in Downers Grove, IL today. The guy was a fast talker and offered to follow me to an ATM. The guys said they were from sound vision and his name was "Greg" Luckly I didnt buy into the story.. it was tempting though

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
will people PLEASE stop posting on this topic? the boards get FLOODED with posts on Theater Research scams on an almost daily basis!

if you MUST post about the scam go to www.scamshield.com

thank you

mynameisnotimportant
Unregistered guest
I got scammed near Toronto! some jerk had the nerve to trick me, and then when i tried to get out of it by saying i had no money on me, he had the nerve to drive me to the bank! in heinsight i shouldn't have accepted....what ev, i'm just gonna scam someone else, the scam must go on!

Anonymous

I have the liscence plate and description of these guys and the car that was following them. Has anyone who has gone to the police every actually had anything done about it? Should my friend who bought them bother?

Anonymous

OK Folks,

I met these guys in a bank parking lot in Norcross, Atalnta and they were really smooth talkers. I almost paid them 300 bucks for the junk but I called up my buddies at work "just in case". They came accross this forum and cautioned me....that saved me from becoming 300 dollars more foolish. It was a white guy and a white lady, she claimed that she is from Israel. Dan and Methal are the names and they told me that they would get me proper reciepts and warranties. I asked him to open the box and show me. When he opened it, i did not see much of installation brochures or any thing. It just had one small card with some circuit diagram. I feel better after reading the forum, atleast I called my buddies.

Username: P_sicotte

Bonjour! Je viens du Canada (QC). Je me suis fait avoir comme vous tous! Je m'en allait travailler lorsqu'un Cadillac Escalade est venu vers moi en vitesse pour me dire qu'il avait eu un erreur de shipping. Il m'a dit: Ca vaut 2000$ US pis bla bla bla... notre Boss nous attend il faut s'en débarrasser.. Il m'a montrer une facture plus une revue et tout ... Je me suis laissé convaincre. Je l'ai acheter! La marque est Digital Sound. Tout fonctionne mais c de basse qualité. J'ai payer 380$ pour. Ce phénomene est rendu au Québec maintenant! J'ai fais une recherche sur le net puis je suis tombé sur ce site par hazzard.. et je suis comme vous tous..

N'achetez jamais dequoi dans la rue qui sort d'un pick-up!

Anonymous

they are in Las Vegas, I hope some crazy fu*ker, finds them.
Hey crazy fu*ker if your out there, they are driving a white van California License plates 6S07033, mostly in front of big stores, they were in front of Petsmart on Charleston and Decatur today, I saw them on my lunch.

Anonymous

Colorado Dahlton Scam
The darn scam is still going and I fell for it. Beware of the parking lot scam.

Dahlton speakers, home theater system... reciepts, mag. ad, invoice.. the works claiming it's worth $1500 selling for less than half.

Silver SUV, Florida Plates I60 HAK

In Colorado Springs 2/15/05 said they were heading to Denver

Username: Looking4em

Las Vegas, Nevada United States

Post Number: 2
TO; GAVINCUMM, no we will not stop posting on this website, when you type in Dahlton on Google search, this is the first website that comes up, fortunate for some people that are not getting ripped off because of reading this. so No quit your snivilling, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Unregistered guest
I just got hit in the university area of Minneapolis. I notice a lot of other people in the Twin Cities who got hit also. Well, I want to do something about it. I did not get his liscense number because i am an idiot, but I do rememvber is was a reddish colored SUV of some sort. If you think you have been hit by the same guy or have a plate number, please email me at lukecollins@icqmail.com. i want to put a stop to this crap one way or another.

damn
Unregistered guest
They are in Ft. Lauderdale, FL!!!! A New Silver Ford Expedition got my attention in Wallgreens Parking lot. They sold me speakers that they said were worth over $1000. They said that their boss accidentally ordered to many and he wanted to get rid of them and make some cash on them before he went back to his boss. I got him down to $200. They are ok speakers, but they are definatly not worth $1000. Im pissed because they lied. I got their plate number. If I see them again, They have something coming to them.

Elliott
Unregistered guest
These people are in Miami, Florida too. More specifically Coral Gables. They hang out across from the University of Miami in their white vans at banks and prey on students withdrawing mom and dad's hard earned money. They approached me once with their "deal" and I asked what kind of speaker they were selling. When they said "digital research", I replied that I'd never heard of them and they were probably crap. They guy in the van the starting muttering all kinds of obscenities that I couldn't really understand. I know people who have been scammed by this and just today I saw the "Theater Research" speaker boxes in the alley behing my neighbor's house. Wake up people, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Do your research on anything* before spending a few hundred bucks.

Anonymous

who in their right mind thinks that a quality speaker company is going to put the price of their product ON THE BOX?? WTF?? These kooks tried to get me in a parking lot in Miami, what a bunch of jacket up on coke LOSERS!! YA, FOLLOW ME TO THE ATM. PLEASSE! next time you go to the store and look at a pair of home theatre speakers, realize whatg suckers you are because what retail establishment would let the manufactuerer put a price on the box. And to all a good night, the speakers would be blown away by a pair of desktop computer speakers. Bigger aint always better this time sukkas

Anonymous

They are up to Canada now. Yes, they are the same that I met, we went even into my bank but at that moment I realize I didn't know the brand and it couldn't be true, so I just quit (just in time, ufff). They guy and the girl played the "irritated" but I didn't care. The box was on my trunk and I took it back into theirs.

Anonymous

Just wanted to let everyone know that here in Indianapolis, Indiana TV channel 6 investigated the digital research and caught up with some guys in a light tan van that where trying to sell Digital Research home theater systems. The guys loaded there stuff back in the truck and took off when Ralphal Sanchez questioned the amount they where selling them for $1999.00. The van had Indiana plates. After that Ralphal went to the guy that got scammed and took the equipment to see what it is worth. The guy on TV said the speakers are not even worth $100.00. I believe that the feds need to get involved because this is going on all over the United States. This company ships them all over and then hires people to sell this units. I found an artical about a man that was hired by this company and told how they operate. None of these people selling these Digital Research drive there own van the are usally rentals. We all need to file complaints with your local news and radio station. https://www.ifccfbi.gov/update
www.scamshield.com
Everybody don't be ashamed file the complaints so they can shut this company down.

MikeyP
Unregistered guest
haha ive been HAD!...watch out people in Vancouver BC..there here..son of a!...aw well i really should have known. MY BAD!

Anonymous

I purchased the Digital Research PT1100S speakers for $100 including shipping on Ebay and the speakers are great.

Unregistered guest
My dad got the same crap for $400 in San Diego, CA and we found the exact same ones three weeks later for $10 on ebay. the subwoofer doesnt even work for our system. I luckaly got the restof the speakers to work for my system. they are crappy, but the pathetic thing is that they sound better than my dad's.

Rons been scamed
Unregistered guest
I was ripped off by the same scam by two guys looking profesional in the Home Depot parking lot on Military Highway, Norfolk Va. If you have had the same thing happen to you here or anywhere where there might be servalince camera's like Home Depot or a bank see if you can get there licence plate number and see who they are so we can bust these SOB's.

Unregistered guest
I fell for the scam today in Dalton Georgia. 2 white guys in a red tahoe from Maryland, speakers work, but ive heard better from walmart.close to the same storyline, got me in the bank parking lot on payday of course,

bzzerk
Unregistered guest
I just bought a system for 150 tooo good to be true they told me it was worth 2000 i look it up online and its this telling me i just got scammed damn

Anonymous

their in the mid west no illinois

LISTEN UP!!
Unregistered guest
LISTEN UP!! Everyone who thinks they can stop a scam like this by simply getting licence plate numbers and ID-ing the "salesmen" is an idiot. REPORT THE COMPANY they work for to your state's Attorney General's Office, or to an organization like the Better Business Bureau. They have the power to shut down the whole corporation, taking all their salesmen with them. The more complaints that are posted about them, the easier it will be for the decision to be made to put them out of business.

racist redneck
Unregistered guest
"Of course, he was a real fast smooth talker, and I thought I was getting a deal by jewing him down to 300 bucks"

Jewing him down? WTF does that mean?

Unregistered guest
I sell speakers on the street. Theater Research, Audiofile, DPA, etc. Ive been doing it for about five years now. I am what the speaker companies would refer to as an "indie". Im an independent, self employed speakerman. Please hear me out before you hurl any stones.
Most salesmen only know how to do things one way. The way they were taught. Thats where most speakerguys get stuck. I was there at one time. I worked with a "white van" company for my first two years in the biz. They called me "The Worm". For us, street tactics such as "good cop - bad cop", "the flip" and "the power slam", were just normal ways of doing business. We would use all the old lines. I was one of the craftier guys on our team, an ellaborate storyteller.
All of this crap worked. Any given week we could sell up to 30 sets per van using these methods. Then straight to the bars we would go. Booze, pot, coke, whatever. It was mayhem. Inside, my guts were rotting. I hated the way I was living. I hated who I was becoming. I knew that I was doing everything the wrong way.
After two and a half years it was time to call it quits. I packed my bags, said fairwell to my friends and left Los Angeles alltogether.
I found myself back at Moms house, of course. Talk about healing! I love mom. But get this, the best thing that came out of all this was spiritual healing. I invited the Lord Jesus back into my life! I repented of the way I had been living and was willing to change, so I asked Him to change me. What a process!
Nowadays, no longer called "The Worm", Im back on the street selling speakers (Idaho. Green Toyota pickup). My pitch is different, Honest, and I have nothing to hide. These are the facts: My overhead is low because I dont have a storefront lease. I dont have employees to pay and I dont have any advertising expenses. I buy wholesale and pass the deal on to you! I dont stretch it any further than that. Today, Im happy to sell a set for around $200 whereas before I was never satisfied!
There is more to this story. If you have any questions or need any product please feel free to reach me. And sorry to those who are pissed.

Simon Burckhard
televentura@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I sell speakers on the street. Theater Research, Audiofile, DPA, etc. Ive been doing it for about five years now. I am what the speaker companies would refer to as an "indie". Im an independent, self employed speakerman. Please hear me out before you hurl any stones.
Most salesmen only know how to do things one way. The way they were taught. Thats where most speakerguys get stuck. I was there at one time. I worked with a "white van" company for my first two years in the biz. They called me "The Worm". For us, street tactics such as "good cop - bad cop", "the flip" and "the power slam", were just normal ways of doing business. We would use all the old lines. I was one of the craftier guys on our team, an ellaborate storyteller.
All of this crap worked. Any given week we could sell up to 30 sets per van using these methods. Then straight to the bars we would go. Booze, pot, coke, whatever. It was mayhem. Inside, my guts were rotting. I hated the way I was living. I hated who I was becoming. I knew that I was doing everything the wrong way.
After two and a half years it was time to call it quits. I packed my bags, said fairwell to my friends and left Los Angeles alltogether.
I found myself back at Moms house, of course. Talk about healing! I love mom. But get this, the best thing that came out of all this was spiritual healing. I invited the Lord Jesus back into my life! I repented of the way I had been living and was willing to change, so I asked Him to change me. What a process!
Nowadays, no longer called "The Worm", Im back on the street selling speakers (Idaho. Green Toyota pickup). My pitch is different, Honest, and I have nothing to hide. These are the facts: My overhead is low because I dont have a storefront lease. I dont have employees to pay and I dont have any advertising expenses. I buy wholesale and pass the deal on to you! I dont stretch it any further than that. Today, Im happy to sell a set for around $200 whereas before I was never satisfied!
There is more to this story. If you have any questions or need any product please feel free to reach me. And sorry to those who are pissed.

Simon Burckhard
televentura@hotmail.com

Anonymous

my friends bought it speaker in ste julie,montreal

from the sub plug the front speaker in.the sub have two spaeker in so plug each speaker from the sub to the receiver.the center speaker goes directly on the receiver.and the rear speaker goes directly on the receiver to .....well its done and its work well but i think the value of this speaker is 300$ not more

Anonymous

Think I just got scammed-I wish I'd have seen this tread earlier! I bought two sets of speakers from this guy in Arlington for $200 after seeing his ad in Craigslist. I haven't hooked them up to hear them as of yet, so I'll have to see once I do. However, he emailed me the link: www.ptswoofers.com before I bought.

Username: Looking4em

Las Vegas, Nevada United States

Post Number: 4
I saw these guys last night, they have already ripped my husband off, they were in the WOW parking lot in Las Vegas around 4:30pm they were trying to sell the bullshit spearkers to some guys walking by their truck, I drove right up to them and ruined the whole sale, stating how they ripped off my husband.
The guy in the Dodge Dakota (they're moving up from Vans, must be making some good money) had the nerve to tell me how rude it was of me to ruin the sale for them, claiming they never sold my husband any speakers, if they had they would remember, whatever, any ways they finaaly just said, "it's not my fault your husband fell for the bullshit" then drove off, what a PU*SSY
(the guy was pretty well dressed, mixed or puerto rican, with glasses)
If my husband was with me I'd be writting a different story,
So hey you little sniveling punk, how can't make an HONEST living, if you are reading this, my husband would love to make your pretty as*s his little BI*tch

katybug
Unregistered guest
Well there in Ft.Pierce,Fl.as they are all over the country.I was at work today and he came in with a silver van same story showed me the magazine $1599.00 per speaker and even let me listen to obviousley the real thing, but all I got was ripped off for $500.00 bucks so most of you need not feel so bad, my husbands pissed off!!and I'm out the money, but I did get a license # so maybe I can get some recourse.

Username: Happygotscammed

Raleigh, Nc Usa

Here in Raleigh, NC ran into two guys in a white ford van with ark plates, sold me 2 dr.2810 for $220. for two, said the boss told them to sell them because they had to many in inventory, and they found me, i'm glad they did, i think they sound hella good, couldn't bought them cheaper anywhere else. got some speakers form direct warehouse (specialize in speakers) they were $300. a piece and they didn't sound as good as these,i took them back to the warehouse. The ones i got off the street sound just as good as the ligit ones,i didn't get scamed actually i saved $380. and i'm listening to them right now as i type...ha,ha

Anonymous

These guys tried to catch me in a parking lot in Scottsdale. They were in a black Toyota 4 Runner. Same story -- just two delivery guys who didn't want to take the extra merchandise back to their boss. I didn't go for it, but they were fast talkers, to be sure.

CT
Unregistered guest
There have been at least 4 sightings in CT that I know of in the past 3 years. These guys are everywhere.

sg05
Unregistered guest
Just got screwed in Madison, WI. Wanna find those guys and take all their money. It's some bullsh*t for sure and I'm pissed.

Anonymous

have any of you guys tried informing a local media about this stuff?? This is a great story for them. Call your local tv, radio, or a newspaper and tell them about it.

Anonymous

ATLANTA, GEORGIA -

I am in sales, it's what I do for a living. Of course, what I sell isn't chromoly, mickey-mouse crap like the sh*t I just bought off the street. I am way pissed.

There were 2 guys driving a blue suburban, bout 2000 year. One guy was my age, bout 25, and the other looked a few years younger. Real quick talking, energetic couple of kids. I thought the magazine was legit and totally fell for it. I'm out 200 bucks and want to monkeyrape that dude's family.

Anonymous

Paid $100 in Dalton, GA. Two guys in a white van. I found this site while trying to figure out how to hook up the speakers. Hope thier worth the $100. We will see.

Ur Mom
Unregistered guest
ha. i was 'bout to buy a pair of these digital researches. my friend got jipped for 'em and paid 500 dollars and was about to give them to me for two. now i guess even that's not happening.

Anonymous

McDonough, GA (suburb of Atlanta)

There here too. Two Guys got me at Wal-Mart. When they first approached me and asked for my price I told them $100, they said it wouldn't be enough and I left. They moved on to others, I drove away and couldn't resist the deal so I turned around and gave them $200.00. I laugh because I have no one to blame but myself. But I got some of this guys information and I will try to get my money back. I haven't tried the speakers out so I can't comment on the performance but I think that I am more upset with the lies he used to sell his product. I was given the spiel about the pick up was supposed to be 8 and they gave them 10 so they have two extra to sell, and how he did installations, and so on and so on. But once again it is my own fault, buyer beware. Whether we like it or not, everyone in this world it out to split our bucks. Be very careful who you trust because people only want your money. But I am to blame because just as these guys ripped me off, I was trying to ripp off the wholesaler or distributor of the product. So what goes around comes around, only this time it was me!!!! Great life lesson...can't say that I wouldn't buy from a street seller again, but next time I would offer an amount so ridiculous that they would be forced to walk away or submit to my terms. And people...Getting hustled out of a couple hundred dollars is not worth going to jail, so stop posting threats about busting up these guys if you see them again...It's not worth it and we are just as guilty and stupid for engaging in the transaction..........Beware they are in McDonough, GA.

unhappy in va
Unregistered guest
My brother was scammed in Richmond VA. He bought 2 of the Digital Research 5.1 systems for $950.00 4/1/05. The guy was a fast talker with a business card and the same magazine article. Unfortunately, if you're reading this - you've already been scammed also.

Username: Secureops

Location: Ville St. Laurent,Provice of Quebec on Cote-Vertu Blvd at the traffic lights in front of Place Vertu

Date: April 1, 2005

Time: Approx: 13:30

Notes: 2 White male, ages between 20-25 yrs old, Greek or Italian.Driving late model Ford/GM SUV, Quebec License Plate 389 QTW, . Both were unshaven, driver wearing ball cap. Spoke English. Passenger said nothing, just smiled.

Offered to sell surround sound system apparently worth $4000.00. Driver said that he would sell 2 systems for the price of one due to an apparent failure by his original client to purchase both.

Drove off after offer was declined. SUV then entered the Place Vertu parking lot driving very slow.

Secure Ops

WhataDummy
Unregistered guest
South Suburb of Chicago.

Just as everyone said I thought I was getting a really good deal but it turns out I got ripped off. I paid $250 for 2 DR-2012 made by Digital Research from 2 White Guys who gave me their cell number and said you can buy us some beer some time since we are giving you a good deal. Well you live and you learn.

Anonymous

Cartersville, GA (just north of Atlanta)
2 White Guys in an Isuzu Rodeo

Scammed In canada
Unregistered guest
Here in Lethbridge Alberta my friend got ripped off 450.00 dollars, they told him the same old speel as all the others about getting too many in and how he just wanted to make some quick cash, my friend called me and asked if he should do it and all I said is remember when i got scammed on a watch, it was supposibly a top of the line watch, too bad after the first day all the gears were wrecked. BE ON THE LOOK OUT. I have also sent everyone I know this post.

Scammed in Cicero
Unregistered guest
My friends just called me to check out the speakers they bought for $400 in Cicero and I had to tell them it was this scam... They are going to call the police but the guys are surely already gone. I called the number and told them I wanted to sell their speakers and they sounded surprised... I got put on hold and no one picked up! Watch out in Chicago!!!

Username: Stfo

Post Number: 7
i'm looking for speakermen in europe

stfohenri@yahoo.com

emelie
Unregistered guest
as a former speaker mover, i just want to let you know that this is 100% LEGAL...at least with the company I worked for. We obtained solicitation permits through surrounding area counties so even if someone were to call the cops, they couldnt do anything about it anyway, provided sellers have a permit. Its just like all you fools who but cutco knives or buy into some pyramid scam the high schooler next door is throwing at you. This is America, the land of free enterprise and entrepreneurs. As long as there are greedy suckers like you out there looking to spend and wanting to be a baller but still looking for a deal...there will be people like me walking home with $800 a day of your hard-earned cash for selling stuff out of a car.

welcome to America.

Unregistered guest
TEEDOT:

I GOT SCAMMED FOR $420 YESTERDAY, APRIL 14 05, IN MONTREAL QC BY A WELL-DRESSED ITALIAN IN A TAN BUICK RENDEZVOUS.

THE LICENSE PLATE # IS: FY6 0419.

I DONT THINK THE POLICE ARE TOO CONCERNED ABOUT THIS AND I'D REALLY LIKE TO GET MY MONEY BACK. IS THERE ANYWAY YOUR NEIGHBOUR MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT?

I'D REALLY LIKE TO GET A NAME, ADDRESS OR PHONE NO.

I FOUND THE GUY'S PARKED CAR AFTERWORDS AND WAITED 4 HOURS BUT HE MUST'VE BEEN HIDING AND WATCHING ME ON THE STREET. HE WAS SCARED TO COME OUT. THE POLICE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I LEFT TO MAKE A PHONE CALL WHICH LASTED 10 MINS. AND WHEN I CAME BACK HE WAS GONE, I LET HIM GET AWAY!

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU OR ANYONE COULD HELP, I WANT TO FIND THIS A**HOLE!

EMAIL: DOOKS21 @ HOTMAIL.COM

Username: Dammitjonathan

Their in Hauppauge, NY. I got bit by these scumsuckers today. He got me in a gas station parking lot. I saw him selling one to another guy at the pump next to me and I got lured in. Funny thing is that guy paid $500.00 for it , and I thought I got away with a steal (so I thought) at $200.00. I don't think he was in on it because he looked like an average guy, and not like the scum i got robbed by. None the less, the joke was on me. I don't know if I should go home and hook them up or wipe my butt with them and throw them in the garbage.

Username: Vo1019

I know this is a shame to have happened to anyone, but I am laughing out loud right now.

My boyfriend just called, very excited and revved up as guys get with a new toy, and told me all about how while on his lunch break he bought "us" a new surround sound system. Of course my first response was "WHAT?!" As he is telling me about the guy in the van, the magazine with them featured for $1999 and how savvy he was to have talked him down to $200 while some other guy there paid $500, I asked what the brand name was. While he was talking on and on like a boy with a brand new bike I googled the brand name and found myself here. Which is funny b/c we are in NY and it seems that this scam is nationwide (why haven't we heard about it this somewhere?)

The funny part of it all is that as soon as I read one of the entries he went from boy-with-a-new-bike excited to boy who-just-had-his-lunch-money-stolen pouting.

Sorry Babe, if you see this. You know I love you!

Hope this never happens to anyone else.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us