Setting up the Video/Audio home system

Username: Stefanodiloreto

Post Number: 1
I have a STR-D711 SONY receiver. I would like to set up a video/audio system with TV, VCR, DVD, and CD player (all by SONY). I looked at the STR-D711 user manual, and I don't understand how is the audio from the TV hooked to the receiver.
I understand that I can hook the TV (monitor) video signal, the VCR1, and the VCR2/LD (or DVD) to the receiver, but I don't see the audio signal from the TV hooked to the system.
I would like some one to help me with this issue.
Thanks.
Stefano

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1591
Stefano,
You'll want to run the audio from the source to the receiver. IE...If you have DirectTV, you'd run audio from the satbox into your receiver directly. You can then run secondary composits out to your TV from the box for sound when your receiver is not in use.

Unregistered guest
Need Help! Trying to hook up a Ps2, Xbox, and DVD player to a Pioneer vsx-d309. We have 5 speakers connected into the back. We can get video on the Ps2,Xbox, and DVD player but no sound at all. Our T.V has rca in and rca out. We ran through the manual a couple of times and double checked everything. The video inputs are right next to the audio inputs on the back of the reciever so we figured that they're hooked up correctly. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!! thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung 20 inches LCD TV,a P 250 K Samsung DVD player, A Clarion HT Grevite subwoofer with 4 surround sound speakers.I wish to set up this system in my room but have absolutely no idea how to go about it ,including the placing of the TV,and the audio set up.
P;ease help.
Achal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us