Puzzling Onkyo HT-S670 surround performance

Username: Rdp330ci

Post Number: 1
Hello All. My name is robert and live in NC. I purchased the 670 system with the DV-CP702 6 disc DVD changer. I am hooked up digital with coax and have all speaker connections correct. Here is my problem. When playing a DVD in surround the receiver cuts off within 5-10 seconds. I can listen to CD's and DVD's in stereo fine....I can't even listen to a CD in surround without it cutting off immediately. Could it be a thermal protection issue of some sort?...I also haven't quite figured out how to play the TV through it....any help is much appreciated.

robert

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1565
If it's shutting down that fast, it doesnt have enough time to overheat.

'most likely' one of the following is your problem......
1. something connected wrong
2. a defective or damaged cable or wire somewhere
3. a defective receiver

You'll need to determine which is the culprit.

Username: Turbocatt

Conyers, Ga U s a

Post Number: 1
i have onkyo 6 channel receiver, about 480 watts , or 325 in 8 ohms, it is incredible, an i use cerwin vega,s anklipshs speakers, man what a beautiful thing, got the right cable for my dvd, to listen to real digital 6 channel sound, is still complicated, sounds like 150 watts per channel, i play gitar an loud, an this thing is incredible an so pure, one thing though, werever the surround movie post went, i dont know, but that masters an commanders, was so bad, yes some good surround , the canons, an the waves, but so terrible boring, you turn it up, to hear the english accents clear, an then BAMM GOOD GRIEF WAMM, with the surround soun comin in, dont waste time with this movie, be warned, get spider man 2, or hey frankenfish, or walkin tall, starring ,,the rock, youll jump on these last 2 , especially frankenfish, yes i run my vhs thru the receiver too, an t v , gives t v an stereo part control, confusing, but it works an so complicated i aint touchin nuthin, im nearly 50 years old, not a high tech geek you see, thanx, long live onkyo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us