Bose Lifestyle 5 & Sony STR-DE345 Help

Username: Beyonder74

Post Number: 1
I need some help. I just purchased a Bose Lifestyle 5 system that was a store display. I also have the Sony STR-DE345 unit powering a 5.1 setup.

Now I am trying to integrate the two and seem to have an issue getting the subwoofer to work. I dont really want to use the Lifestyle receiver, but it seems that the sub wont work without being hooked up to it.

Is there a work around for this?

Is there any issue hooking the Bose cubes to the Sony since the original cables have RCA connections on the subwoofer side, and regular speaker wire ends on the cube speaker side?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Rob

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 157
Dont hook your Bose cubes to your sony unless you are in the mood for a good fireworks show.

Bose cubes have an impedance of 3 ohms, far, far below the 8 ohms your receiver is rated for.

You are stuck using the lifestyle receiver, no way around it.

Username: Jimmyneon

Kington, WA USA

Post Number: 1
My Sony STR-DE345 has been cutting out completely after running for an hour. I put it away for a year and just got it out and hooked it to small speakers and so far it works. QUESTION: can the wrong impedence cause a complete audio shut-down? I was using ACOUSTAT front speakers and 12" 2-way JBL rears. Thanks.

Username: Jimmyneon

Kington, WA USA

Post Number: 3
Rob - do you glean from this reponse to your sub woofer problem that the Sony 5.1 unit tends to shut down when the impedence is wrong> ? No one has answered my question but this seems to be the answer.

Username: Beyonder74

Post Number: 2
I took the Bose setup back three days after purchasing. It seems like having the Bose speakers hooked up to the Sony did cause some damage. The receiver clicks and the output drops sometimes on one of the sound settings. I am looking now at a set of Klipsch Cinema 6 or 8's and a new receiver. Not sure what kind of receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us