confused to buy home theatre equipments

Username: Kksg

Post Number: 1
I am buying a home theatre for the first time .
I have a proposal to buy DEFINITIVE TCH. speakers
.For the front speakers i have been suggested to buy BP 7006 loudspeakers,centre speaker C/L/R 2002,and rear two speakers BP2X.
Regarding DVD i have a choice between DENON DVD 2910 and 1910.
Now regarding the AVR or the RECEIVER i have a choice between the YAMAHA RXV1400 , RXV 1500 ,and the DENON AVR 3805.
Is the NEC HT 1100 a good choice for a home theater projector or is there ANY other good projector in that budget.THANKS.APPRECIATE your advise.

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 145
Haven't seen the NEC HT 1100 projector... features look right though.

The 2 receivers are both good choices, and are both about equal on features... A matter of your sound preference between them really. I'm a little more partial to Denon myself.

The loudspeaker setup is excellent, excluding the rears. They are underpowered to match the rest of your speakers. you might want to consider bumping up to the Bpx or the Bpv x/p

Better yet, if you have the room, do away with the bipolars altogether and get a set of power monitor 500's instead.

I notice you dont have a sub listed either. the 2 8's in the 7006's and the 6.5 in the CLR will help, but at that level of a system they aren't really going to be able to match the rest of the system for power if hooked up LFE.

Further, each of the above mentioned speakers is designed to Use that sub to reproduce the bass sent to that individual speaker in the surround matrix, and if you dedicate them over to LFE you're going to miss them.

I would add in a sub, as big as you dare / can afford. its nice to have it handling the lfe while the subs in your speakers concentrate on filling out the sound that speaker is supposed to be making.

The def-tech supercubes are supa-nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us