The surround sound doesn't work with my DVD

Username: Slowhand

Irving, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I'm a newby trying to get my old JVC surround sound receiver to work with my generic DVD player. I have right and left (red & white) audio and yellow video connections running from my DVD to the television, then right and left audio connections going from TV audio out to the stereo receiver. This set-up works fine in regular stereo, but doesn't seem to work in surround sound. There is a single digital audio out coming from this DVD player that I'm not using, but no coaxial connection at all. Thank you in advance for any help I can get in thie matter.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 370
Glenn

Hallo there

First off I have had no sleep in just under 24hrs so if I have made any mistakes in typing forget it and move on hear goes nothing.

No surround output from the DVD player and Generic, it's not the radio shack brand, secondly I live in the United Kingdom, anyway back to the topic at hand, no surround output! The JVC AVR audio video receiver, your running what type of model is it, I take it doesn't have Dolby Digital AC-3 decoding.

As for the DVD player, have you read though the manual step by step, has most people skip though the manual, like there was no tomorrow, if you down mix the sound on the Dolby pro-logic signal on the DVD player for analogue Lt Left total and Rt Right total some of the hard panned surround signals will be placed at the front with little crosstalk of the music on the surrounds.

So go to the DVD menu and look for audio set-up mode set it accordingly to the settings suggested in the manual.

I'll look back at this page later after I've some kip.

Catch you later.

P.S. have you done a basic pink noise test!!

Ashley.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3176
You need to use the digital audio output from your DVD palyer into the digital audio input of your JVC(if it has any). Other than that you are not getting true surround sound. You should have an optical or coaxial input on your JVC, if not, you will not get surround sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us