Simple Connection Problem?

Anonymous

I just moved and I am setting up my system again. I have a digital cable box, 36 in Sharp TV (2 sets of analog connections and 1 s-video)
Kenwood Kf-309 receiver and JVC DVD palyer)I have the DVD hooked up perfect. I cannot hook up my TV through the receiver to hear what I am watching. I thought it would be simple running the RCA cables in the audio out of the TV to one of the video or monitor audio in connections on the reciever, but no luck none of them work...Please help!

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 337
have you configured the TV to send out audio signals? go to menu, audio set-up, fao=on

Anonymous

In my TV Audio Setup menu there is only a slection for Stereo, SAP or Mono...and a selection for Equisound for keeping the TV at the same volume level as well as a selevtion for internal speaker on/off.

Bronze Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 18
I would run audio to the receiver directly from the R/L line outputs of the cable box. That way, you can use the TV speakers alone for casual viewing, or use your external system and hear true stereo. (The RF converter in most cable boxes usually strips the MTS stereo signal to mono via the VHF coax output on channels 3 or 4.)

Tracie
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand HT-400 system. I feel like I have it connected correctly but there's no sound coming from the speakers. No static-nothing. Is the whole system shot?

Kyle
Unregistered guest
I have a Yamaha receiver with Bose speakers. I have hooked up my DVD, VCR and cable box and there is no problem. However, I am unable to record programs from TV. The VCR output jack from the receiver is connected to A?V input of the VCR. Is there anything else I need to do?

Bronze Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 93
Kyle:
First, do have an audio/video feed going into the receiver from the cable box?

Second, if so, then you must switch the VCR to its line input so it will recognize the signal coming out from the Yamaha. This input is usually found one click down from channel 2 on the VCR.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us