Small/Corner Room Surround Sound Setup

Username: Steppie

Post Number: 1
Upload

The above picture is a diagram of what i have to play with. I'm wondering what might be a quick and dirty way to get a semi-decent system in place.

I currently have the two surround sound speakers as located in the picture. The Subwoofer is half-way under the end table which has 3 legs.
The Center channel is being fed via the front two speakers, so those speakers are doing double duty at this point, but I do plan on buying a center channel speaker very soon.

I know that putting the TV where the DVD/CD library is currently at will make things so much easier, but my space is very limited and it would be even tighter if I put it there. I can always opt for a flat panel TV, but with a baby on the way, that kind of kills the budget.

BTW, the Front speakers are JBL 8" Northbridge floor standing speakers, so its practically impossible to move them to each side of the TV without blocking the doorway. So I know I may have to buy some smaller front surround sound speakers.

In case you're wondering, the receiver and DVD are located in the TV Stand.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated....Thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 127
That setup is incorrect for home theater. IT will work for music, but the home theater stage is absolutely worthless. There is no point in having surround sound at all with a setup like that.

either get smaller front mains that can sit to the sides of the tv (or mount to the wall) or move the tv.

those are your only choices.

Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 5
Bah Nay sayers!
What you have can work! although it will create some standing wave problems, re-orient the room to a corner loaded situation.

Move the couch to have one end centered on the window, the other end where the near edge of the subwoofer is now.

move the front left and right speakers to the right side of the door and the center of where the dvd shelf is now.

Move the surrounds to the left corner of the window and a stand at the top corner of where the middle cusion of the couch is in the diagram.

Put the subwoofer behind the couch.

Place the center on top of the Tv's current location.

go into the receivers setup menu and set the distances for the speakers measured from center seated position on the couch!

Woot~

Username: Brandon_b

Post Number: 9
Orlando

Michaels soloution is a good one. I've dealt with having a small room smaller budget, and limited equipment ever since my first apartment. Make sure you focus on enjoying what you have and don't look to spending money that you don't have as a soloution to your problems. There will always be a better way to do it as long as you have more money. The main thing is to enjoy what you have

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us