Hookup Help

Username: Canoeks

Post Number: 1
ive got the manuals spread out on the floor and I'm confused on hooking up the equipment.I want to be able to let the kids have the tv on late at night without keeping me up- so it seems that I need to be able to use the tv without going through the receiver. Also I want to get local TV stations without going through my satelite box- which I do now using an auxillary antannea direct to the tv.
The question is: do I take the video from the sat box through the receiver, dvd or straight to the video input on the tv? Does the video go from the dvd through the receiver or straight to the the tv? I know these sound like dumb questions,but the tv is HEAVY and I would like to make the connections right the first time
Equiment:receiver-Yamaha rx-v450
dvd- pioneere dvr 320s
tv- sony wega
sat- dp 301
Thanks in advance for help.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1039
Ken,
You do both....

Run the optical/or digital coax directly from both the DVD player and sat box into the receiver.

Then use RCAs to connect from the DVD and Sat box directly into the TV. That way, you'll have proper 5.1 surround through your receiver if you want, or you can turn off the reciever and simply listen to the TV so the kiddies wont keep you up late at night:-)

As for your DVD video connection, based on your comments, I would run the DVD video directly into the TV. That way you wont need the receiver turned on to watch DVD video. IF you do it the other way, the receiver will need to be on to watch your movies.

Username: Canoeks

Post Number: 2
Paul
I appreciate your help.
KO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us