Read the manual....

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 86
For People Who Don't Read Manuals

If time is the essence, you can review the basic sections of the most essential information. However once you read the sections in your manual you should be encouraged to return to the elements you've skipped. Remember that the essence of a great performing system relies on taking care or the details. That is what a manual is designed to accomplish.

Ashley

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 312
Your supercilious attitude is getting tiresome.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 706
Andy, I very much appreciate your post. I strongly agree that people should read the manual before soliciting advice on areas that are almost always covered therein. We all get stumped from time to time. But it is obvious that many posters have never even turned the first page. What is the old proverb: Give a man a fish and he will eat one meal, teach a man how to fish, and he will eat for a life time. Posters should be encouraged to read the manuals. Although I generally highly respect Joe's advice. I guess we disagree on this subject.

Usman_Denver
Unregistered guest
I second Ashley and Dale. I thought I knew a lot about A/V. Most of my friends thought so too. I have installed half a dozen complete HT systems. Yet, it wasn't until now, when I am about to install my own, that I realized how much more there is to learn. And it shouldn't just be confined to the manual. Research wherever you can. You will learn so much just by foraging for ANY HT info, that in the end you will have a much better knowledge base than you started out with.

After all that, should you feel stumped, ask away! That's what the forums are for!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
I learnt a thing or two when I was a projectionist, but like the chief projectionist said in this industry, you never ever stop learning, as new technologies, come out every few moths or so and keeping up with it and your still haven't finished what you have started.

Though I'm a former projectionist if I where to go back into cinema projection I would have to be on my toes that's why I always go to a professional site to update on the new advances just to keep refreshed.

Ashley

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 320
My point here is the placement of this comment. I think it should really go herehttps://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/suggestions/22.html
instead of where it is which is a forum for"Discussions about home theater considerations, installation, room sizes, speaker placement, viewing distances, aspect ratios, calibration, or other home theater how-to questions." per the website, just my two cents.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Well if t have failed, to make a point, it does belong "or in the other home theatre, questions"
As most do cut to the chase of there home cinema "manuals" and asking the question I have just brought a home cinema and don't know how to wire up the loudspeakers.

Ashley

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 48
Hummmm--Translation please.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us