No sound thru digital audio

Username: Marzipan

Oklahoma City, OK United States

Post Number: 1
I'm a newb, and you gearheads out there scare me, but here goes. I just got a Yamaha YHT760 HTIB; all works fine except the digital audio feed -- when I hook up two-channel everything's cool. Any ideas?

P.S. What's the newest "Monstrosity" -- the big soundshielding power strip; I didn't think the high school guys at Best Buy were going to let me out the door without one. Sheesh... T

Thanks, Sharon.

Post Number: 2
(digital coaxial)

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 39
Sharon, good evening,

And welcome to my world,

Yamaha YHT-760 is this the http://www.fotoconnection.com/vi-13869________Yamaha-YHT-760-Home-YHT760.html

You are using digital coaxial output as for this http://www.conquestmusic.com/monstros.htm#

I bet they light you fire! That's not going to go down well.

Have you looked on the back of the Yamaha YHT-760 and look for digital coaxial output, looks like an rca phone connection?

So give it a look over.

Ashley.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Sharon, good evening,

And welcome to my world,

Also there's the digital selector and the analogue one as well, this my need setting, it's not NASA rocket science though I wish it was, make it more exciting, like the power of the space shuttle upon lunch.

It's 130db on the inside of the shuttle WOW that's loud!

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Ashley

Post Number: 3
Thanks for being so gentle with me since it's my first time and all....

I'll give the settings a look see. ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Sharon,

That's ok have a look and tell me what you see, there won't be too much on the back of the Yamaha-YHT 760.

UK time is 02:56hrs mark.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Sharon,

Have you made contact with the back of the Yamaha, looking for a good view of her, if I can only see the back of the Yamaha YHT-760 looks like take it you don't have a digital camera, and send some close ups of her.

As the web sites show only small images, I even had a crack at Google image no information what's the world coming too.

And the UK time is 03:11hrs

Ashley.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Sharon,

Have read that there is a "new easy" set-up menu on it that's all the information I have so far, it's a little sketchy, I know, I mean my home cinema is a whole lot complicated, but boy does it play with some dynamic range of kick slam rumble and deep abyssal depths of low end that's complimented by the JBL 4645 THX cinema approved 18in 600watts of program power down to 18Hz and I had her up to at one time 120dbc one film called "Final Approach" not ye available on DVD only VHS.

So if you have no sound output on the digital coaxial, have you checked the rca phone lead to see if it's intact and not broken?

There can't be that many problems as looking at the small images of her, looks in all straight forward and less complex than a professional Dolby CP-500 cinema processor and a THX 3417 put together.

Is the manual lad out in step by step ways that are easy to read though, along with diagrams too?

And the UK time is 03:37hrs
Ashley.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 306
Ashley, are you insane?
time is ....... not flippin important.
Give the woman a chance to look at her rec.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Hi there Joseph,

No I'm totally sane, just saying the difference between the USA and the UK as the time setting is not showing as UK time on the page.

No mater, that's not important, can you see if you can find some good images on the Yamaha YHT-760 with some nice close up's back views of the units.

And the UK time is just kidding.

Ashley

Post Number: 4
the digital coaxial lead that came with my home theater system was bad -- everything works fine now. thanks, sharon.

Post Number: 5
Also, FYI, this is what Best Buy was pushing. Just wondering if it is really useful ....

HTS 1000 MKII PowerCenter with Clean Power Stage 2 v.2.0

http://www.monstercable.com/productpage.asp?pin=1901

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Sharon, Hi there.

She's up and running that's superfine news, it's the human sprit that over come these little things.

As for the Monster cable box, the one that gets rid of these electronic gremlins, well it
Looks like the ABC cinema at Westover Road Bournemouth that's my home town hear in England, can do with one, to clean up the buzzing sound, that's transmitting from the rectifier, to the stereo amplifiers for the surround loudspeaker as they have some major electronic gremlins in there cinema, and that's not good at.

It's not uncommon that there will, be some sort of humming or buzzing sound induced into the sound system; ground loops are bound to appear, depending on how the sound system is set-up, I have encountered them on more than one occasion, and I have solved by connecting some cable to another audio component or amplifier, in away I have cut corners that saves money, and get lucky.

So Sharon, unless you have some major humming or buzzing that's presenting to you in a large and audioable way don't worry about it for the time, if the Yamaha HYT-760, is all p and running enjoy, the delights of the six-track Dolby experience, that's what its all about.

Ashley

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 311
sharon , I have the hts 2600 "rack" version of the stage 2 filtering . Although you will hear differing opinions on these type of surge protectors, here is my op. When I bought mine I already had a hi def signal from sat and when I hooked it up I noticed a dramatic difference in picture quality, also my subwoofer seem to punch just a little harder. Plus it just looks so cool and I like that too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us