High or Low level inputs?

Username: Rverones

Post Number: 1
I have some older equipment and finally picked up a used DA-1000 Sub (Model AP-A120). I have no idea what DA is, but was told it is a good sub for my needs.

I have an older VSX-9300 Pioneer Rec/AMP, and 2 Paradigm 5SE's and 2 Paradigm Titan bookshelves.

There doesn't seem to be a low level output from the Rec/AMP, so I hooked it up from the audio output of the VCR2 (Audio in from the digital cable box), and it seems to work.

Is the best setup, or should I go hi-level? (noted that high level doesn't seem to produce anything).

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 24
Robert, hi there are you talking about the LFE out from the Pioneer VSX-9300 AVR record output!

Or are you trying to record some music or motion picture material!

Or are you looking for some answers to improve on what you have.

Ashley

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3789

Run the sub from the speaker outputs.

Post Number: 2
To Ashley - Can't seem to locate any LFE out on the pioneer. No recordings. Just looking for improvements.

To Jan, already did that, but that would be the high-level outputs, and noted that it doesn't produce much of anything. The low-level at this point seems to be the connection that gives me the most pound from the sub.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3795

Well I'm confused since you asked whether you should go high level. I guess at least one of us doesn't understand at all what is going on. If you run from a VCR output, how do you intend to control the volume of the sub in relation to the changing volume of the receiver?

Post Number: 3
Shouldn't be too confusing. I asked high or low, and which is best for this setup. If high is, I am saying that it is producing nothing. the VCR out connected to the low (it has 2 VCR outs) seems to produce some base, but again, not good quality as it probably isn't.

So, the real question is, is there a way to get low level from this? If not, then how to get good quality high level.

My assumption is to go from the rear speaker out, to the sub, from the sub to the little Titan's. Or should I be going from the front speakers for the high level?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3796

Front only.

Post Number: 4
Ok, will try that.
So, the question on that would be, A or B?
I only have speakers on A, but if I put it on B, would I get better sound from the A speakers, leaving the B outputs to send the signal to the sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us