Wiring

kpetersn90
Unregistered guest
I had a question regarding hooking up my DVD, TV and digital cable box. If someone could tell me the best way to hook all these up I would appreciate it. Should I use all color difference component video cables or should I use those cables in conjunction with the S video cable and the coax video cable. Thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 637
Hard to abstractly answer these questions without information on connectivity options available on your set. You do not need to use component and S-video connections between particular devices. Component will give you a better picture.

kpetersn90
Unregistered guest
Hey Dale thanks for your quick response. Here's a little bit more info about my system, maybe you can help. I have a Sony LCD projection TV HDTV ready with S-video inputs, component inputs, HDMI input, optical input, I have a Denon AVR 2805 receiver with component input/output, optical, s video and coax, I have a Sony DVD player with DTS/Dolby with optical outputs, s-video, component outputs, coax and then I have A Scientific Atlantic HDTV digital cable receiver with HDMI output, s-video, component and coax. I want to run everything through my receiver if possible and If you can't tell already I'm a total amateur when it comes to this stuff, I appreciate all your help

kpetersn90
Unregistered guest
I apologize it's not coax its A/V cable that I meant to say
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us