Help with NAD T763 and Surround mode setup.

Username: Sweatepz

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am quite new to home theater and system setup and am having some difficulty with my NAD T763. I have a cheap Philips DVD player, that I intend on upgrading, but nonetheless I still can't get the sound reproduction I expect from the NAD.

At this stage I can only get "stereo" when I play a music CD, and "downmix" when I play a DVD.

I have all of my speakers connected through banana clips to "Speakers A". I am using a digital coaxial cable from my DVD player to the "Digital In" coaxial 3 which is also set to my DVD player in the setup menu, and I have all of the volumes turned up on all channels.

The Dolby sign comes up when I put a DVD in but I cant get any other surround modes out of my NAD other than "downmix". Last night I managed to get my active sub working, that was just a volume thing, but I have not managed to get my centre or surrounds working. I do not have a DTS DVD player but I should still have more surround options available.

I am unsure of what version my firmware is as I have not managed to connect via my computer as of yet to find out.

Hope someone has some suggestions?

Thanks

Clark
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us