How to buy the proper speakers to my denon- 1604 reciver

Username: Ranbens

Post Number: 1
please help, i dont know which speakers to buy ?????

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 21
Is this the Denon 1604 that you are referring to http://www.byttehnika.ru/img/goods/8950_28913.jpg

Well matching loudspeakers is what you need for the three screen channel; first before we go any further, what is the size of the room length width and height.

And to wet your apatite did you know JBL was the first loudspeaker to have been used I the motion picture industry, and there is an awesome range to select from.

And it's the sound of the west coats that gives it that sound of excellence, and name with a proud history, so like I said matching loudspeakers if they are floor standing ones then three across the front as there will be no compromising in the sound for music sound effects and dialogue, the centre speaker not only plays dialogue, and small ones are waste of money, they don't play will with the left and right and listening to films like "Titanic" "Starman" and "Apollo 13" where a lot of bass with high dynamic range playing, then matching loudspeakers.

The timber matching will be spot on and EQ will still have to be applied, when the loudspeakers are spaced out across the front the left and right will sound right due to the fact that room boundaries near to a wall and side wall two boundaries will reinforce the sound at different frequencies, and the center being near to the back wall is a against one
Boundary so graphic equalizers, must be used if you are to get it done correctly.

As for the surround array I see you have Dolby digital-EX and dts-ES good ole bookshelf loudspeakers, four for the back, and it can be done, stuff the manual, and three to four for ach side wall wired in series.

And for the sub bass five matching ones placed at the front and using the low pass in-put for each of the left centre and right to give extension and reinforcement.

For the LFE two sub bass units placed in-between the left and right, setting the levels is correctly hear, I take it the Denon is not THX and will have no THX peak management level, so you need to buy a audio compressor limiter, and connect the LFE to its input and the output to the LFE sub bass array, setting the level on the audio limiter will keep the dynamic range under control and just turning the volume up on the sub bass for the LFE just a little bit more.

Care in setting this up must be taken into consideration, using a RTA and a sound level meter will be in order, to get the whole sound system to play with good front to back imaging and there are a lot more techniques that I would like to share if audio limiters are used for all of the channels and aligned, as there are whole lot of complex films mixes from "Alien" "Heat" "The fast and the furious" "Apollo 13" and all six "Star Wars.

From this information you will have a rock and roll home theatre that will kick rumble slam and go down deep.

So I have given you a little information, do what you must with it.

And don't get too excited.

Ashley
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us