HELP! Looking for best HT system for about $2000

Anonymous
I am a TOTAL NOVICE at audio and the more I read, the more confused I get. I would appreciate any help someone can offer. I am seeking a high quality home theater system for around $2000.

It would be for all listening experiences (CDs, radio, audio cassettes, plasma tv, dvd and vhs). It would need to cover an area of about 300 sq. ft. with a possible separately-controlled auxiliary speaker set up to cover a small adjacent area of 100 sq. ft.

I would be looking for a system that offers quality precision sound over volume, but one that would be as good for an action movie as for Bach. Also a system that is novice user friendly.

Besides speakers and receiver, I would want 5 disc CD/DVD and dual cassette player/recorder. I already have a VHS player/recorder but may need a better quality one.

I was looking at the Denon DHT-700DV DVD Home Theater System (which only has a single disc DVD). For a CD player I was considering the Denon CDM370 or the Yamaha CDC585, for cassette deck the Denon DRW585. I have no clue on VHS player/recorder or what to do about auxiliary speakers (if necessary) for the adjacent room.

Can I do better than the above? I am willing to buy components and put the thing together if necessary. I've read a little in this forum about the Onkyo receivers and the Energy Take 5.2 speaker system. HELP, anyone!

Anonymous
home theater is not easy, but it's worth it.
I install for it all the time and also enjoy it at home.
research it
lot's of it
thats what I did before I installed for a living
I pieced together my system with components that did what I liked them to.
don't get trapped by home theater in a box
people never seem as impressed as I was with the following:
2 jbl towers for the front
1jbl large center
1 150 POWERED watt cerwin vega subwoofer
2 small jbl's for rear(least important pieces)
1 yamaha amp with enough power to push it all
I recommend a progressive scan dvd panasonic makes a pretty good one or hitachi
sony only has good tv's stay away from all other sony products
by the way, get a good tv with component video, but stay away from hi-def for a few more years
also get digital cable or directv.
last of all, get with the times, if you do this right, you won't go to the movies anymore, you'll watch them on dvd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us