Sony HT-6900DP audio help

Username: Landgraftj

Post Number: 3
My mom just purchased a Sony KV-34HS420 HD-ready TV. She also purchased a DVD home theater system from Sony (HT-6900DP). What audio connections do I need to make from the receiver to the TV so I can hear the surround sound speakers while watching tv? I already have the DVD system and surround speakers working. Also, what do I need to set the receiver to (i.e. Video 1, Video 2, etc.) to hear the surround speakers as well. Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Max190

Maryland Heights, Missouri US

Post Number: 33
Terry,
If there are audio output jacks on the TV, then connect these up to audio input jacks on the Sony.
Where you connect these to the Sony will dictate what input setting to choose to hear audio.

Somewhere in your TV menu (check your manual) you may have to change some settings to disable the internal TV spkrs, and set your volume at fixed so your receiver can adjust the volume.

Good Luck,
Steve

Username: Mikeoh

Post Number: 3
Have a look for an optical out on the back of your TV. This can be plugged in to the optical input of your reciever via a fibre optic cable. You should then set your receiver to this input and you should be able to get the (somewhat limited) surround sound from your TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us