Onkyo 770 Problem

Username: Deadbirdie

Post Number: 3
Hi. I have an Onkyo 770 surround system. When we pop in a movie and play it with the default surround setting it plays nice & loud, etc. When I use the remote to change the surround setting from say Dolby to DTS during a movie the volume is significantly lower. Is there a reason for this? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 685
John Bull????

Heh.....

Would you be English Bob?

Whatever you do, watch out for Little Bill. Word is he gets a bit mean when armed asssassins dont unarm themselves in "Big Whiskey".

Username: Deadbirdie

Post Number: 4
Hi. I have an Onkyo 770 surround system. When we pop in a movie and play it with the default surround setting it plays nice & loud, etc. When I use the remote to change the surround setting from say Dolby to DTS during a movie the volume is significantly lower. Is there a reason for this? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 709
John,
You might want to verify that your DVD is in fact recorded in DTS. It could be the Onkyo response to being forced into DTS mode when the souce isnt.

Keep in mind that even if the disk labeled as DTS, often times you'll need to goto the DVD audio options to manually select the DTS soundtrack.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 206
your rec. may even attenuate dts or maybe you have leveles up on dd setting or down on dts??? or it just maybe that that rec. does not process dts as loud as dd??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us