DIY Ideas

Username: Jeremypogue

Hopkinsville, Ky

Post Number: 1
I just finished my home theater and it may have some good ideas for other out there. Feel free to look at my pictures and contact me with any questions you have.

http://www.buyersgodirect.com/memberstheaters/jeremy/jeremy.html

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 671
Sweet!!

I just watched Spidy2 for the third time 2 nights ago.

Great flick, and nice setup!!

My 'movie of the night' tonight was "The Exorcist..the beginning".

It was the 2nd time for that one, and I loved it even more!!

happy movies!!

You have how many speakers in there???

Wow.....ROCK ON!!

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 195
man i hated ex 2 the beginning(of the end I hope) oh well diff strokes

Hopkinsville, Ky

Post Number: 5
I have 17 speakers in there.

Hopkinsville, Ky

Post Number: 6
I have 17 speakers in there.

http://www.dvddirectonline.com

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 14
It looks very nice, may not be the Empire Leicester square screen #1 but it's very, very nice indeed, I like it.

Like the wall coverings and what is behind it.

Pink panther or something else just how quite is the room.

As for my home cinema, using the Kenwood KRF-X9050D THX select Dolby digital DTS and THX select processing...

...I have made some special modifications to my home cinema I have added a Dolby Pro-logic processor decoder to the pre-outputs of the Kenwood's left and right front outputs to give me the "UPPER CENTRE" channel like the IMAX cinemas the VOICE OF GOD!

And since I don't have centre back surround decoding built into the Kenwood, I have used a Pioneer VSP-200 to give me the centre back surround and height surround too, this is plugged into the left surround and right surround pre-outputs EQ is also in-line to make adjustments to the timbre as the on-board THX will only do part of what needs to done.

The loudspeakers are mostly JBL control 5 three for the front left centre and right.
The surrounds are a mix of JBL and Eltax, for the back of the room placed left and right are JBL control 5, these are ready for placement to the ceiling but at present they are fix to the back wall, they have a different signal going to them.

For the centre back I only have one JBL HT-1F positioned in the middle back part of the wall and placed 4ft 9in from the floor and angled at 15º the dispersion of this loudspeaker is very good giving centre back imaging good localization.

For the side surrounds are the Eltax HT-2 Bipolar these are fitted in the middle of the room, which is 14ft L x 10ft W x 9ft H. a little bit small but one hell of a big sound.

Audio mixing the sub bass and LFE
For the sub bass and LFE all the signals are outputted and going top an Audio mixer 6
Channel, in the following order,

For the sub bass from the fronts Yamaha DSR-70 Pro-Logic going into line 1 input

For the sub bass from the center channel coming form the Yamaha DSP-100, and going to line 2 input also the center channel is going though an active X-over this as giving a whole lot of power to the center channel and when I have a little more to spend, I'll be getting some more active X-over units latter as passive x-over suck!

For the sub bass from the surrounds outputting from the Pioneer VSP-200 going to line 3 input

And for the LFE coming from the Kenwood directly going to line 4 input and outputting to a EQ.

The power of the force, is the one and only JBL 4645 THX cinema professional sub bass, as used in the cinema with 600watts program down to 20Hz but I have measured it down to 18Hz, with a max SPL of 120dbc WOW!, the driver as been replayed with a JBL

As I do not have a digital camera hear are links to the components that I am using.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us