DTS Only DVD with no Digital input on TV

Username: Zeusdrummer

Raleigh, NC

Post Number: 1
I have several DVD's that only have DTS encoded audio but all the DVD players I've tried will DECODE the DTS but won't send the signal to the analog/RCA jacks for the input on my TV. The "Coby" DVD player that is now having problems WILL do this. Anyone know what I need to look for on the box or manual of the DVD player so I'll KNOW it will do the DAC and send it to the analog/RCA audio outs??? PLEASE HELP! I've bought and returned 3 DVD players already!!!

Username: Zeusdrummer

Raleigh, NC

Post Number: 3
OK. Is this a stupid question? Come to think of it, I don't think I tried setting DTS/DD to "off" on the DVD player menu??!!! Will this force the player to send the DTS signal to the analog RCA jacks????

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 163
you cannot have dts 5.1 signal sent through rca's you will have to have reciever or processor to decode it, now you can have dolby pro logic 2.0 sent through that setup to simulate surround. now it may convert dts to stereo within the dvd player but through a tv you will probably not notice a difference between that and normal stereo.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 668
Yep,
If you want to listen to 5.1 DTS, you'll want to invest into a receiver and some speakers.

Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us