Audigy 2 to Onkyo Receiver via analogue problem

Username: Ltig99

Post Number: 3
Hi, I haven't been able to find any info on this because I'm using a really old-school Onkyo receiver. It has only analogue stereo inputs and outputs Dolby Pro Logic.

I want to hook up my Audigy 2 to the receiver so I can get surround out of it. I know it can be done with DVD players , VCRs etc. but can I do it with an Audigy 2?

Right now I have it set up so that it comes out of the front output on the Audigy 2, splits into two RCA plugs, then splits those two RCA plugs, so I have two lefts and two rights. One set of LRs goes back to the hook ups for the computer speakers, the other goes to the receiver via a patch cable. The patch cable plugs into my DVD player, then is routed through there to the receiver.

I know I can get surround when routing through the DVD player, because I do it with my cable box and it works fine.

How then, can I hook the Audigy 2 up to my receiver so that I get Pro Logic sound out of it?

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 161
pro logic works on two channels left and right then splits those up internally and sends center and rears (monouaral) signals so two sets may be messing you up, use the front output on the audigy only with a stereo male to split two male rca's, then put that in your recievers prologic input, make sure you set the audigy to either pro logic or just simple surround, otherwise it will only send left and right signals from say a 5.1 or 6.1 feed, hope this helps.

Username: Ltig99

Post Number: 5
nm, I figured it out. I accidently had a mono connection in the loop. I replaced it with a stereo mini-plug and everything works now. Perfect Pro-Logic.

Thanks for the reply though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us