Wire run questions

Anonymous

OK: I am setting up either a 5.1 or 6.1 system in my 17x19 basement. I am running the wires now. A couple questions, I hope you all can help me with:

1) Can I run 3 speaker wires together through the same set of holes that I drilled in the floor joists or will they interfere with each other?

2) Can I run speaker wire in the same holes as the cable tv coax cable or will this cause interference?

3) Can I run speaker wire, 3 component video cable, and tv coax in the same holes, or does this cause interference?

thanks, Doug

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 141
1) yes no problem
2) no problem either unless the video cable is not shielded which most are.
3) sure although unless you have sheilded spkr cable I would run speaker sep anyway you probably wouldn't hear anything but you might get unwanted artifacts on the screen

Anonymous

Regarding #2, how can I tell if the coax cable is shielded? It has a black outer soft shell. Inside that is a layer that looks like thin aluminum foil. Inside that is some white soft insulation, then in the middle is the copper wire.

Anonymous

Regarding #2, how can I tell if the coax cable is shielded? It has a black outer soft shell. Inside that is a layer that looks like thin aluminum foil. Inside that is some white soft insulation, then in the middle is the copper wire.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 142
it is
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us