How do you hook up optical cables through a system selector? help!

Username: Slapshooterwa

Post Number: 2
i have a big screen hd tv with only one component video outlet. i also have an xbox, ps2, and dvd player with those cables and i hated changing them everytime. So i bought this very nice pelican system selector pro with tons of outlets. it has more than enough outlets for comonent, composite, ethernet, s video coaxial, and optical. So heres my problem, im a novice at this stuff and i cant figure out how to hook up both of the optical cables from my dvd player and my xbox to the selector and get sound. Im sure its something easy but its just not working. the way i have it now is the optical from the selector (out) to the dvd/theatre receiver (in) and the xbox to one of the optical in outlets on the selector. on my dvd player i get sound, but im not sure if its from the optical outlet or not. nothing on the xbox. i appreciate it you guys. i have a link to the selector if you guys want to see what it looks like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20385%26item%3D8187149932 %26%26

Post Number: 3
by the way sorry bout the multiple threads wanted to post title in one line

Username: Bobmcclune

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 8
I am not familiar with this model but all normally you would set it up like this.

The OUT connections on the Pelican Selector will go to your TV, all of the other components (xbox, ps2 and dvd) will plug into the Pelican on the IN connections.

One thing to watch for is if you have an AV/S-Video/Component wire IN on your Pelican Selector you will most likely need an AV/S-Video/Component wire OUT to your TV.

If you give me the model number and some more information I may be able to aid more, but I had a similar problem in the past. I hooked up an S-video wire from my xbox with and R & L audio cable for sound, my DVD player hooked up on Component and Optical to the selector. I figured that all I needed was a Component and Optical to the TV from the selector. The DVD Player worked great, but nothing from the xbox worked. The problem is that the Selector does not convert the signal. I had to go and buy an S-video and R & L audio RCAs to hook up from the selector to the TV...then this worked.

LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS!

Post Number: 4
hey bob it is the pl-957
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us