Help please all you geniuses!how do you hook up optical cables through a system selector box

Username: Slapshooterwa

Post Number: 1
i have a big screen hd tv with only one component video outlet. i also have an xbox, ps2, and dvd player with those cables and i hated changing them everytime. So i bought this very nice pelican system selector pro with tons of outlets. it has more than enough outlets for comonent, composite, ethernet, s video coaxial, and optical. So heres my problem, im a novice at this stuff and i cant figure out how to hook up both of the optical cables from my dvd player and my xbox to the selector and get sound. Im sure its something easy but its just not working. the way i have it now is the optical from the selector (out) to the dvd/theatre receiver (in) and the xbox to one of the optical in outlets on the selector. on my dvd player i get sound, but im not sure if its from the optical outlet or not. nothing on the xbox. i appreciate it you guys. i have a link to the selector if you guys want to see what it looks like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20385%26item%3D8187149932 %26%26

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 135
try switching the optical with the dvd for the xbox and make sure that the unit is not defective, also make sure the xbox works without the switcher.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us