Klipsch Speaker Setup

Unregistered guest
I have a question about Klipsch surround speakers. Along with a subwoofer and center channel speaker, can I use surround speakers for the two front AND two back sets of speakers? I'm not sure of the difference between the surround speakers and bookshelf speakers...plus, the house I just moved into has speaker attachments already on the walls from the previous owner's setup and I'd like to use those, if possible. Thanks for your help!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 564
D,
There is no physical reason why you couldnt use surround speakers up front.

Because the front speakers are the real workhorses and make the largest 'total impact' of your suround system, you might consider something a little more robust for the front.

The front speakers can make or break your entire system and the largest $$-amount should be spent up front. My suggestion would be to listen to several models and buy the best front speakers you can afford, because you'll always have them and be thankful you have them later.

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 31
I have Klipsch speakers and yes it will make a different, the reason why is the design and the way they are build for sound distribution. The Surround speakers such as Rs 35 or Rs7 etc are Dipole so the sound distribution is as such. Using Main speakers for your surround is 1. An over kill 2. waist of resource. When you get to low end systems I don't think it will make any different..hopwe this help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us