Dumb Question For the Experts Here

Username: Simmons3333

Federal Way, WA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC XV-D723 DVD player with separate outs for Main/Rear/Center/Sub. I am running one amp for the main, another for the rear and right now a receiver for the center channel (into CD left). I am only using the left side for the center channel.

Here is the question...could I run the center on the right channel and the sub on the left? I am just curious as how it would drive the different channels or would it not work correctly????

The sub is a passive Polk RM3000.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 462
David, why are you doing this?

Username: Simmons3333

Federal Way, WA USA

Post Number: 2
So I can have my sub and eat it too. Just kidding. I am running the separate amp set up as I have a hearing disability and a normal 5.1 receiver/amp can never get the center channel loud enough for me to hear properly. I can turn down the main, sub and rear speakers, but then I lose the enjoyment of the 5.1 surround.

With separate amps, I can get the center channel to the volume I need. I was just wondering if I could run the sub out to one side of the CD/AUX in on the receiver and the Center to the other side of the CD/AUX in and control the volume of both at the same time.

This is just a temporary fix until I get my other amp in...

Thanks

David

Richard A
Unregistered guest
Don't see why not. The centre will (for example) be going into the left imput and out of the left output, and the sub will be taking the right hand input / output? You'd then use the balance on the reciever to alter the volume between the two? You might find that its fairly difficult to get a happy medium with the bass and treble though.. becuase you'd need to have the same settings for both the centre channel and the sub. I suppose a compromise between really deep bass and a natural sounding centre would be the main problem. Give it a try, but check on the temperature of the amp when playing a DVD / Music.
Let me know how it goes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us