Setting up Klipsch RSW15 sub?

Username: Shermanator

Post Number: 1
I just got a PE 55txi and the RSW15 sub. The RSW15's manual has minimal information.

My question is what settings should I select on the RSW15 prior to running the automatic eq calibration throught the 55txi? For example, what do I set the sub's volume to? Do I select low pass "enable" or "disable"? Do I select one of the other nobs to 0 or 180?

This is the first time I have owned a sub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
First, find where the sub will be placed. This is quite important, if you want to go low, say below 30 hertz, this sub needs to be placed in a corner.
If your receiver has a cutoff for the sub, i suggest to use it and leave the sub switch at low pass disable, if not you don't have a choice, put the switch in low pass enable.
Either case, you need to choose the frequency of cutoff either on the receiver or on the sub, this should be as low as possible to match your other speakers. Example if they are bookshelf 80 hertz would be OK, if they are column type with say 10 or 12 inches woofers, 60 hertz or even lower could be chosen depending on many factors.
As far as the volume on the side of the sub, adjust it to match the level of the other speakers by ear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us