Archive through December 23, 2004

Username: Got_scamd

Post Number: 2
Don't fall for this. I got scam'd yesterday in Sunnyvale, CA in a bank parking lot. Black Cadilac Escalade... Bought a 5.1 home theater sound system called "digital research". Same re-boxed malaysian made junk as the "Theater Research scam. Of course, he was a real fast smooth talker, and I thought I was getting a deal by jewing him down to 300 bucks....I got screwed.
He even showed me a magazine ad ahowing a price listing of 1999.00. That should have been my red flag...
Don't buy this crap, and don't beleive the scammers who have infiltrated this forum to make you all beleive these speakers really are good. It's all a lie. Unless you can buy this crap for next to nothing...say 100 bucks or less for the set, then maybe they're ok to play music in your garage or something like that. Don't any of you try to compare them to any REAL speaker like Boston Acoustics or an ADS...not even close.
DON"T GET SCAMMED!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the same as the "Theater Research" crap everyone else was getting scammed on, but of course I had no idea until I found this forum. If you are reading this now....you are probably like me...just a day too late, and a few hundred bucks poorer....

Username: Enmityjack

Newport Beach, CA USA

These speakers don't sound that bad, you can buy them directly from a website at:

www.speaker-city.com

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 990
oh no, not another speaker scam thread!

Username: Enmityjack

Newport Beach, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Berny, Should I refer him to the long one, or do you want to do it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 999
ROTFLMAO!!!:-)
Go tell, go tell!
Do we really need another thread for these poor souls?

Unregistered guest
MY BOYFRIEND JUST GOT SCREWED WITH THE SAME SYSTEM IN ORLANDO FL I TOLD HIM ANY SPEAKERS WORTH 1999.00 IS NOT GOING TO BE SOLD FOR 300.00. A 1700.00 LOSS I DONT THINK SO BUT HE CALLED ME AFTER HE ALREADY BOUGHT THEM STUPID!!!!

Anonymous

Well, I am Electronic Engineer and I know that re-constructed speakers with a high end name on them are actually junk and best sold out of the back of someone's vehicle.

It must be a flaw in my character, or these people know how to move this stuff real well. Actually, I have bought several high end (Aucostic Studio Monitors) stereo speakers and now the Digital Research copy and have enjoyed the response from them. The stereo speakers kick but and the Digital Research speakers are O.K. Maybe I do not have a good home theater receiver. It is an RCA, 3 disk, integrated system (VCR/DVD/CD/FM/AUX/SAT/etc.).

For what it is worth, don't feel stupid because intelligence is measured in different ways. I am only out of pocket $200.00, could have been worse.

Unregistered guest
Can we do something against these scammers??? This is not legal what they do.

Anonymous

I just got scammed for 200 in Fremont, CA. I'm soo pissed, you just can't trust anyone these days....how much do you think these would be sold for reasonably?

Anonymous

I ran into two white males in a silver jeep cherokee trying to sell me the same digital research speakers in the Fry's electronics parking lot in Fremont. I called a buddy at work
and he found this thread. Thankfully input and responses like this will get around and elminate
this from happening in the future. I took down his licence plate and called the police.

Minowc
Unregistered guest
I am not making excuses for anyone ripping anyone off. Wrong is wrong. However, these people are selling a product. They reach out to the overly anxious people that are looking for a Deal. You and I both know that you only get what you pay for. That is the bottom line. When you go searching for High end equipment, expect to pay high end prices. Anything less should raise the suspicion flag. Many times we go to the store expecting to SCAM the sellers through the art of Negotiation however when we get SCAMMED or negotiated then it is a major offence. Lets be honest in our dealings and then we can expect honesty to return to us. Never purchase Electronic components off of a truck, you are asking for it. Take the time to research it and test it out from a reputable company or seller. Lift up your heads, Lets learn from our errors so that the next time we WONT GET SCAMMED!!!

Anonymous

VICTIM!!!! 2 guys came up to me in Winchester VA saying they had a good deal on the same crap. i bought it being the moran i am. they had a good story though, something about the factory giving them to many sets of speakers and they couldn't take them back with them because they wouldn't fit in the car. i new something was up but when they showed me the magazine with the speakers in it i fell for it. i should of looked at the magazine to see what company it was but the guys were too good of talkers and distracted me. He got 500 off me and i was thinking of trying to sell them on ebay cause i thought i could make a few bucs but now that i know its all a scam i think i'm screwed into keeping them. thanks for the advice from all of you, just wish i could of come across this a few weeks ago.

dummy
Unregistered guest
I JUST GOT SCAMMED TOO in fremont, ca albertson's parking lot. This guy pull up with a black Esculade selling the speaker system to me for 1000, then 800 then 500 then 300 then the end 160. I haven't tested it out yet and I will soon be doing it. If they sound good i am a happy customer if they suck i am freaking pissed !!!!! Damn u in hell u damn esculade scammers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1418
Well, they are driving an Esculade! Must be a fake Cadillac, too!

dummy
Unregistered guest
haha i dont think so but i was thinking about jack his money when i saw it

choixdupresident
Unregistered guest
How can connect this materiel on my DVD.
I want test this materiel

Thank you

CMonte
Unregistered guest
Ok guys, these speaker dudes really aren't doing anything that Circuit City or Best Buy is doing if you think about it....i mean, they are taking a product they get very cheap, marking the price way up, and selling it. Corporations do the same thing with everything we as consumers purchase. You think the toilet paper you buy costs $2.00 to make? Of course not, it's produced for a fraction of that cost, and marked up probably upwards of %500 and sold in stores, but nobody is posting about Charmin and how they are ripping us off....lol....so anybody who bought these speakers...just realize, you get scammed a lot harder than that on a more consistent basis everytime you purchase something in a store.

Anonymous

I got one for $200 out of a white cherokee in Las Vegas, NV: It seems to be worth approx. $200; However, I havn't really kicked up the juice with a good receiver. I am more pissed on how I was lied to. Dammn white trash.

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 30
TRACI's post says it all. It's not common sense on the "deal".

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 51
They are using fraud to sell the product. That's a lot different from CC or BB.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1686
Hokie, I'm surprised you're in here:-)

fortsando
Unregistered guest
Well... I got scammed too... Arlington, VA... Same situation as all of the rest of you. Im a black guy with braids and I was thinking of just robbing them. Looks like I should've. Sucks, but I respect them for catching me with a scam. God bless America. Damn it.

fortsando
Unregistered guest
Well... I got scammed too... Arlington, VA... Same situation as all of the rest of you. Im a black guy with braids and I was thinking of just robbing them. Looks like I should've. Sucks, but I respect them for catching me with a scam. God bless America. Damn it.

Anonymous

I JUST WON A THEATRE RESARCH PAIR OF SPEAKERS ON EBAY. ARE THESE THE SAME SPEAKERS BEING AUCTIONED ON EBAY THAT YOU GUYS ARE TALING ABOUT?

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 59
Yes. They are the same.

Bank Parking Lot
Unregistered guest
Guess they are here in VA now... Got scammed too at a bank parking lot. They showed us the magazine and thought we were getting a good deal.
White male was driving a White Dodge Dakota and said his company ordered 1 set too many. Wanted $400 for both and ended up taking $300. I'M PISSED!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I saw this earlier.

edk
Unregistered guest
They are in Chicago too. Guy in a van scamming as an installer for high-end systems with a surplus.

Unregistered guest
Yeah they're in Chicago...Naperville exactly. Conveniently enough...I knew better! When they pointed out the $1,999.00 to me that sealed it, I knew they were full of crap. But they followed me to the bank, and I only took out $100.00. After a few minutes of telling them that's all I would pay, they caved in. So, if it's any consolation, they can be screwed too...and I did it!
But for $100.00 they sound good enough for my dish network.

Anonymous

HELLO I AM HERE FROM HOUSTON TX MY BOYFRIEND ALSO GOT SCAMED. BUT WE CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO HOOK IT UP TO OUR TV THERE IS NO PLUG COMING FROM THE MAIN SPEAKER TO PLUG INTO WALL. ANYBODY KNOW LET ME KNOW. ALSO JUST REMEMBER EVERY DOGGG HAS ITS DAY.

Anonymous

You can welcome these punks to Phoenix! A half a day late and $200 bucks short. I wish I would have seen this sooner. Life Goes on.

jacob herrick
Unregistered guest
I got screwed also. Only for $100. Live and learn I guess. I got screwed in a bank parking lot in Phoenix. He was driving a Cherokee. I actually saw two other guys buy some for $300. Luckily I was able to talk this guy down to $100.

scammed
Unregistered guest
Digital Research scammers in Chicago!!! Guy pulls up to me in a Jewel parking lot at 1030 am in a gold minivan. He tells me that his customer ordered 8, but the delivery dock gave him 10, so he's trying to get rid of 2. Similar to the other stories, he showed me a picture in an electronics magazine of the Digital Research AD900SL, with a base price of $1,799. I kind of knew something was up, when he said they are brand new, but have no warranty. I said noway, $200 max. So he agreed, and even drove over to my house to drop them off. I plugged them in and they actually sound very good; better than the Bose Acoustimass that I have. Probably $100 per speaker's worth. But pissed that some guy thinks it's ok to scam other people just to make a living. Get a f___ing life dude.

scammed
Unregistered guest
THIS IS THE WEBSITE OF THE MANUFACTURER OF THESE SCAMMED PRODUCTS!!!

http://www.ptswoofers.com

If you got scammed, you will find your product in here and will see that its price is listed at what the scammer showed to you. The are selling the Digital Research products. I called them and asked about their scam and they hung up on me. Everybody should call in and complain and call them out on this.

LIVINONTHERUN
Unregistered guest
MAN......I GOT SCAMMED RIGHT AFTER YOU IN CHICAGO.....OFF OF TOUHY AVENUE WEST OUTSIDE OF JIMMY JOHNS...THE MUTHA FU*KA SAID HIS NAME WAS JEREMY....AT LEAST THIS SH*T WORKS YOU FU*KING STONER....HE WAS IN A TURQUOISE FORD EXPLORER WITH TEMP PLATES....HAD A DAISY SITTING NEXT TO HIM ALSO.....SAID THEY WERE FROM SOUND VISION AND SHOWED ME THE WHOLE MAGAZINE BIT.....JEREMY, IF WE DO SEE EACH OTHER OUT, YOU BEST BE RUNNING MUTHAFU*KA BECAUSE SH*T GOIN' HAPPEN....YAH HEARD!

Scammed
Unregistered guest
Hey livinontherun, what product was that guy trying to sell you?

Username: Blablabla

Mckinney, Tx

Post Number: 1
Damn, i wish i had saw this earlier but those basterds scammed me, im only out 200. stoped me right when i was about to go into the dentist in Frisco, Tx. where the hell can you get on a scam like that? and where the hell did they get their magazine? Oh well i got the guys Phone # and his licesens plate without him knowing i did.... they were driving a black Ford Explorer. Oh well ill just give them away as a chrismas present lol!

Scammed
Unregistered guest
Jake,
post their numbers on the website, and we'll call them a million times!! The Company that is running this, I think, is at ptswoofers.com. See my post above. On the website, there are PDF versions of their flyers showing the enormous prices.

scammed in nc
Unregistered guest
got scammed in Greenville, NC at a wachovia parking lot. two white guys in an old white cargo van said they were from NOW audio/video and they were part of a ten man crew who installed high end theaters in rich people's houses. they said these two dr-2810 speakers 'fell off the truck.' retail on box suggested at 1689.00. I bought two for 350.00.

Katty
Unregistered guest
Watch out everyone they are in Boston too!!!

Anonymous

I got scamed to in Ottawa Canada!!!! Watch out everybody!!! They are everywhere.

ANATOLE
Unregistered guest
I can't believe my husband fell for it. He got scammed in Gatineau Canada. What a fool to believe that he was getting a deal on these speakers. I am so pissssed off at him for being so gullible.

Unregistered guest
O.K. Here's the SCAM for THE SCAMMERS!!! If you run across this scam tell them you are the spotter for a buying club of around 1,000 people in your area. One of the hottest requested items on the want list is Surround Speaker systems. If you "Spot" a Deal on speakers for the Club Members, you get a bonus. Ask them how many sets they can get for your members. Pick a number if you want. Bust their balls all the way down to $400.00 a pair for the menbers if you can have $50-100 for spotting the Deal. Ask them to give you some time to get the money for 10-20-30 pairs, even call a buddy to Pose as a Club Officer. Meet them at the bank where the Club keeps over $100,000 for great opportunities just like this. What an answered prayer for your members. Meet the Scammers at the large Bank parking lot after you set up the sting with the boys in blue. The Scammers may be able to show a sales slip to show proof they're not stolen but only after the goods have been taken to the police department and they have had to make bail. If they don't have paperwork the Fireman and Policeman's Ball could really rock in your town. Maybe it will slow them down. It could take as long for the Scammer's Scam story to get around within their circle as their Scam did with you folks. Maybe a few of them could feel the burn of a Good Scam themselves.

Tman
Unregistered guest
I got screwed too. Stupid, this is in Ottawa Canada, Im going to get my money back though, my brother is a cop and well get those boys, I have his license plate, Dumb isnt the word. I cant believe i got scammed. Im usally smarter than that. I really feel like an jacka** after reading these posts.

NC_0911
Unregistered guest
I too got scammed by these guys in Wilmington NC for $150 ... can anyone tell me how to hook up this system and a good reciever to use with it?? It says its a 800 watt system....not sure. any help would be greatly apreciated..... thanks.

Username: Esmullen

yea guess what i got scammed too lol for 350. I am not too pissed b/c they sound pretty good. But i am having the same problem hooking them up. How do you get the 3 RCA outputs. Or if you hook the speakers directly to a reciever instead of an the sub, how do you hook the sub to a reciever.

backdraft
Unregistered guest
NC_0911, they got me yesterday at monkey junction. Man am i pissed off!!!! To embarrassed to tell anyone about it. Did call the tv stations though. The guy was driving a Chevy Avalanche. I guess that I've got a set of garage speakers now.

Anonymous

Naperville, IL...atleast I got the guy down to 20 bucks and a few cds as trade.

dsdfsdfsd
Unregistered guest
come to think of it that mother fu&ker said his name was jeremy too.

aaaaaaaaa
Unregistered guest
how would i know if ive been scammed? I bought two da 2012 speakers and just like how most other people have been scammed but they sound good. How do i know if their fake.

Bummed
Unregistered guest
They're in Brooklyn Center, MN. too, in a dark blue mini-van. Damm am I a fool, I just bought 'em and pulled into a public building to check on the internet what I actually bought,WHOA!, what a surprise when I read this and find out I got screwed with all you guys! I didn't even have the brains to get a lic. number. I don't even want to say what I paid. I just want to climb in a hole and die. But somehow I fell as though I got what I deserved, and that sucks too!

TheNakedMan
Unregistered guest
Ford Escursion...got me for $200...damn...

Bummed
Unregistered guest
I GOT MY MONEY BACK! I TRACKED DOWN THE M*THER F*CK*RS AND FOUND THEM AT A GAS STATION GIVING SOME GUY PUMPING GAS THE SAME SPEEL HE GAVE ME. STILL IN BROOKLYN PARK/BROOKLYN CENTER, MINNESOTA. I WAS SO PISSED OFF I ONLY GOT THE LIC. NUMBER AND NOT THE MAKE OF THE VAN---AND IT'S A DARK BLUE FULL SIZE VAN, NOT A CONVERSION VAN JUST A FULL SIZE. NOT A MINI-VAN AS I FIRST STATED. AFTER READING ABOUT THIS SCAM I WENT LOOKING FOR THE S.O.B.'S---
THEIR LIC. PLATE NUMBER IS BUU 352. I PULLED IN FRONT OF THEIR VAN AT THE STATION AND TOLD THEM I HAD THEIR LIC.NUM AND THEY WERE GOING TO JAIL. I TOLD THEM I WANTED MY MONEY BACK AND ONE OF THEM HAD THE ADOSITY TO ASK IF IT WAS ALL IN THE BOX STILL AND WAS CHECKING IT AS I GRABBED THE MONEY OUT OF HIS HANDS. HE SAID "I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE SO PISSED OFF,YOU AIN'T GONNA FIND A BETTER DEAL AT WALMART."---- I TOLD HIM-"YOUR TURN TO WAKE UP YOU MORON, YOUR ALL OVER THE INTERNET. YOUR F*CKI*G SPEAKERS AREN'T WORTH EVEN CLOSE TO $2000.00." I WOULD'VE LIKE TO KICK THEIR A*S BUT THEY WEREN'T WORTH GOING TO JAIL OVER.

teedot
Unregistered guest
I got scammed in Ottawa as well. I tried to get the license plate but he stood in front of it the entire time... Quebec plates - this happened on Friday, Nov 26th. If anyone in ottawa also got scammed and has the plate info, pls post back up here as my next door neighbor is a Gatineau cop and wants to look into it.
Thanks

AZ
Unregistered guest
Yup screwed again in Phoenix AZ, moving ino a new apartment the guys pretended to be from our complex, even wanted to smoke out with us, but they suckered us in like the jack aces all men are at heart for electronic equipment. Few questions for people that have used them...
Just how bad do they suck?
For those of you who have posted that you got their plates and such, have any of these f*ckers been caught?

Anonymous

Today my wife got a set of this speakers in Delray Florida, at the Home Depot parking lot!!! Of course she thought she got a deal and I would be a happy person. Actually I'm not, I'm pissed to see Department stores don't watch the parking lots for dealers like this and call the police.
Watch out it looks like they all over the States

Unregistered guest
there in dedham mass, got me and a friend outside best buy. $215 each *uckers, i hope they die screaming

Jakester
Unregistered guest
Got scammed today in the bb&t parking lot in Greenville NC only paided 100 i guess thats not to bad but anyway. i was wondering if these speakers really do sound half way desent. I no they probably don't sound like a 2000 dollar surround sound but if they sound ok and the sub works ok its good enough for me.

Almost screwed
Unregistered guest
Damn I'm glad I searched first. A guy from MN was going to trade me a set of digital research towers for my 2000X2 Eclipse car amplifier.

angelakelly
Unregistered guest
I just got hit hit up at a gas station in Fullerton, CA. They're are two guys driving a silver mini van. I am such an idiot!!!! They gave me the same line they gave everyone else (they had one too many to bring back). I fell for it hook and sinker. One of them asked me if I'd go out with him sometime and gave me his number. I am goint to call him right now and see if I can get my money back.

bestbuy
Unregistered guest
im from chicago to be exact norridge for folks from here watch out for a teal or white ford cargo van with two white guys full of sh*t they asked me twice already to buy that sh*t. luckly i didnt and now i was surfing the net and found this. they tried gettin me to buy it in the best buy parking lot with the same lines we got one too many we'll give it to u for 3 bills fuc88ing co*k suckers.

Username: Saccity

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Are YOU guys Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These Speakers sound Helllllla good. Im hella glad I bought them , I dont care what your stupid posts say!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Speaker GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Saccity

Sacramento, Ca Usa

these are the best

Unregistered guest
DAMMIT!!!! Herndon Virginia. These fools sold me 4 large home speakers and a surround system for $150! Not such a bad deal. Gave me fake number and were nice enough to help put it all in my little lancer. (Can all of you say LOWRIDER!!) I got lucky and the 4th pawn shop i took em to gave me $100 for it all. 50 dollar loss. But the thing that pissed the F out of me was that my dumbass gave them 10 more dollars! cause they said they wanted it for beer. So $60 total loss. And now I feel like im part of a family, you guys, and that makes me a special person. HA! But wow!, Did i yell loud enough in my car? HELL YEAH!!!! They told me they were going to install a system in a billiards down the street. I went there and guess what? NO WHITE CARAVAN TO BE FOUND!! Im gonna go call FOX or something. And for real. I wish another one of these hores come by my way again. See wat happens... ima offer 25 dollars take it or leave it. HA!!!!

Unregistered guest
But I did get to keep the nice magazine with the pictures of the speakers so I can have as a momento of this glorious day. And share with my kids when I have them and let them know that their father wasn't the brightest bulb light. HA!! I meant LIGHT BULB!!! I hate today. LETS ALL SCREAM!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

thor
Unregistered guest
http://www.ptswoofers.com tis webpage is made BY the scamers, it you look at the link at the top of the page were someone posted the actuall makers page they are the same speakers just listed for 1000's not 100's

Tricks-on-Them
Unregistered guest
My dad called me the other day from the road, He travels alot for his business and said these guys in MN. had stopped along the road where he was checking his loaded trailer and asked if he wanted to buy some Home Theater speakers they were the TR-7010 6 peice set. Anyway I was at home and on the computer already when he called and so I just looked quick for any info I could find and wouldn't you know it I found their site so thinking the deal was just a steal I told him if he could get them cheap to go ahead and I would take a set too. Anyway I hang up the phone and do some more checking then I find stuff like this is a big scam and also found them on Ebay for like $225.00 with free shipping so I say to myself this is a crapy deal even at $250.00 a set that we paid, so I call the old man up and tell him we just got took and he is pissed off. Well as it turns out the guy took a check and so the old man says well the scam is on him now, because it only took the old man about 5 minutes to call his bank and cancel payment on the check. So now if the jerks that sold us these speakers want them back he is welcome to call me as Dad dropped them off at my house and if the guy wants them he will need to drive a ways to get them and then I will only meet him at the cop shop so I wish him luck, ho and did I say I am even in a different state so if he wants to file a claim against the old man for stopping payment on the check then he will still need to travel to our court house to do so and then explain his lack of busines licsense and failure to collect taxes etc. Ha Ha LOL at the Jerks now. PS after awhile I may try them out if I don't sell them.

Rafiullah
Unregistered guest
About 3-4 months ago here in san diego cali, 2 guys in a suburb pulled up saying they got speakers and they were worth 1999 or wutever.

Anyway they had the price at 500, i was like no way. Then brought it down to 300 i said hell no. brought it down to 100. i said 50, take it or leave it lol. I am a big time cheapass , i actually didn;'t know these guys were scammers or anything, thought they were legit, saying there boss told them to get rid of em so they jus wanted to help me out.

anyway they said 80, i go nah, i'll take em for 65. And they didn't want to do it.

So i left.

I don't know if 80 would have been a good deal or not, but for something i would prob hardly ever use, 80 was a high price for me. nice to know they were scammers. I don't care how good they woulda sound, or wutever, but how long will they last? and second, if someone lies about a product, then you gotta wonder wtf is wrong with it that they would lie. why not just say they aren't name brand but im sellin em for 100. ?

I also have been approached by a couple of "italian" guys who own a "clothing business" in italy and wanted to get rid of some leathr jackets. again me being a cheapass, they didnt accept my 20 dollar offer from 300 =\ .

they had the worst italian accents ever, i could prob do better.

so be on look out for any product being sold suspiciously! just buy from frys or some place u can turn it in if they dont work!.... geez...

sexxy
Unregistered guest
Yea man i got played like a mofo. 2 guys came up to me and my friend and told us the deal same as all the other deals on this forum and bottom line we payed like 200 each if i ever see them again im WILL get my money back only ill use a glock!!!!!!!

Anonymous

My co-worker got hit. He was going to pay 550 and was on the way to the bank to get it. He called his bro and big bro said no way, scam. He pulled over and told him its a no go so the guy kept dropping his price and finally they settled on 200. My co-worker got his lisence plate number so we are calling the cops.

Anonymous

My co-worker got hit. He was going to pay 550 and was on the way to the bank to get it. He called his bro and big bro said no way, scam. He pulled over and told him its a no go so the guy kept dropping his price and finally they settled on 200. My co-worker got his lisence plate number so we are calling the cops.

Oh this is in MN

Anonymous

Silver Spring, MD. Same story, only difference is, I got his number and I called to let him know I needed two more sets of speakers for Christmas gifts. He's in for a suprise. Stupid F***!!

Anonymous

squamish b.c. , Canada two guys in a white mini cargo van tried to sell digital tower speakers for whatever said they were surplus from high end job in whistler b.c. and the boss overstocked them . pulled me over in save-on mall , I was driving mercedes , what scammers

HAHA
Unregistered guest
Anyone tested the scam product ?

WANNA GET SCAM
Unregistered guest
I wanna get scam!!!
I like the styling of these.
I m willing to pay $100 for a 5 peice system HAHA!!!
Where can I find these guys in VancouveR?
The style of my philip LX8000 is outdated =.=

bhjdgsdhgdas
Unregistered guest
got scammed in orlano fl. in a super target parking lot. 2 dudes in a ford explorer flagged me down and told me the story. i jewed it down to 200 and only bought them because of the 2000 price tag, i intended to resell them on ebay for profit. seems to be going well so far.

Unregistered guest
Happened in Goldsboro NC to, just got my christmas bonus cashed at the BB&T and some smooth talking guy walks up to me and offers me these speakers he says were overstocked, and he wanted to sell before his boss got a hold of them. Shouldnt a fell for that one, bought the sub for $200. Thought I might be able to make a profit from eBay. I was sure wrong. Next time I see that as*hole Im gonna bash a fu*king tire iron through his skull.
----I Challenge Any Hackers Out There To Crash There Server, Or At Least Keep There Phone Line Busy With Random Calls For You Phreakers Out There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Friedrice23

does anyone know how to install these speakers. im pissed off. didnt know about this till today. same story as you guys. i cant believe i got scammed. wow o well might as well try to install it.

Anonymous

how is this a scam? if the speakers work, and you can talk them down to whatever price, the scam is what? that they say they are worth more than they really are? do the freakin speakers work? or no? it is really only a scam if the item is not working, or if they said the speakers are a brand that they are not. if you bought speakers, and got speakers and they work....exactly what IS the crime here?

ripped-off
Unregistered guest
in response to the previous post, i partly agree. the speakers do work so we weren't entirely scammed. things is, the guy who sold me told me he was selling me a "powered subwoofer". i should have checked out the merchandise before buying it but i believed him. when i got home, i was sad to find out that there was no power plug connected to the sub. sucked for me cuz that when i realized i was scammed. but to appease the previous message, we can all say we were RIPPED-OFF. i know value is relative, but the speakers aren't worth what the sellers claim they're worth. my best judgement? about $75-$100 bucks.

it's still funny to hear about how so many of us got ripped-off. i've just accepted my fate so i'm using the speakers now. try connecting the sub to a receiver and then the satellites to the sub. it doesn't sound all that bad at low volumes, but once you start crankin the system, the satellites start to distort. bass is decent. in the end though, i would've been happier investing my $220 into a klipsch surround system... oh well. if anyone knows how to convert the sub's wiring into RCA's, i'll be very grateful. btw, i got ripped off in front of a Union Bank in san diego,ca. like all the other posts... life goes on. f*ckers.

Anonymous

The scam is in Miami too. I just got scammed with a pair of DR ST-1100S speakers. I guess I was luckier than some of the stories I read. I paid $250.00 for a set of two speaker. They look great.

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
I am sick of reading about these! someone needs to do a sticky thread (one that always stays on top) about this scam. The board is getting flooded with posts about this!

joey f.
Unregistered guest
i just bought these speakers for $82 in ahwatukee arizona and i am more than happy all of you guys that are complaining should go to the manufactures web site at (ptswoofers.com) percision transducer systems has them listed at $1999.00 so stop your crying !!!!!!!

screwed
Unregistered guest
Just got scammed in Fairfax, Virginia. I told the guy that I only had 100 bucks, and he said OK, after the "look-its-in-a-magazine" speech. Then, after he was nice enough to put it in my car, he jumped in his van and took off, WITHOUT GIVING ME THE SECOND BOX! F*ckers! Not only did I get jipped for some junk, I dont even have a working pair. Maybe I can get a pawn shop to give me 20 bucks for it.

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
if you guys even THINK for a minute that these speakers are worth $1999 then you need some serious help. That is like saying to high end usere like myself that a KLH bookshelf from Best Buy is worth 8 grand.

CASE CLOSED!

Same Miami Guy
Unregistered guest
I don't know about you guys, but if this link is accurate I got a pretty good deal for $250.00

http://www.ptswoofers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=5682&product=71

Anonymous

I have a set of DA5.1 Digital Audio. I think they are great. They can handle my RCA reciever at the max with no distortion.

Vengence Seeker
Unregistered guest
Got ripped off today in NORTH VANCOUVER. Please post here if anyone spots them. Same guys in white van seen in Squamish. I'm practicing my baseball swing.

Same Miami Guy
Unregistered guest
Okay folks, I just installed the so called "Scammed" Digital Research speakers http://www.ptswoofers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=5682&product=71
and these babies can rock. Granted they are not worth $1,500 bucks but I have a set of Yamahas with my surround system and I can tell you these Digital Research speakers sound awesome, crystal clear, and they can handle my 700 watt Sony AVS receiver. They are also pretty well finished, so if you asked me they are worth at least $200 each, I paid $250.00 for both, not bad. Case closed. At least for me.

SACRAMENTO CA
Unregistered guest
My brother just got SCAMMED today for $200.00. WATCH OUT THey're coming everywhere!!!! I"m going to go back to the guy, play dumb, ask him how long he'll be there, I'll come back... but instead call the cops on them with the licsense plate number. That guy said he was from DAVIS.

-Sacramento, CA

SACRAMENTO, CA
Unregistered guest
Watch and beware of posters who claim that these products are good. Perhaps they're the scammers themselves also... take your own risks!

Dayton On Their Trail
Unregistered guest
This scam is amazing in it's national scope. If only our justice system was so organized.
Just got back from lunch (Friday 12/17/04 130PM) and these guys are at it again. Tried to sell speakers out of white van in Belmont area. White van has Pennsylvania plates YTV8161. Cops be on lookout!! Guys told me they were from Cincinnati and heading for an install up north. Probably heading to Piqua, Troy or Lima on Interstate 75 to scam again.
Again PA PLATES YTV8161.

Anonymous

hey everybody I got taken also if everyone would contact https://www.ifccfbi.gov/update
we can get these guys off the web and maybe the government can stop these illegal sells. If you contact ptswoofers@yahoo.com
you will get the run around. Sounds like they are manufacture plant, guy can not even speak good english. He kept stating to contact ptswoofers guess what that was who I contacted and was on the phone with. What a joke took us for a grand. So if all of us make complaints maybe this will be put on the tv and no one else will be scamed. Then the joke will be on them.

Unregistered guest
Ok, I guess I got scammed like everyone else, but since I've already taken this as a sunk cost, can anyone out there help me set these thigns up so I can at least figure out how badly they suck/rock ? I'm having problems trying to connect this sub/amp up to my reciever. Let me know if you can help me out. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Ok, I guess I got scammed like everyone else, but since I've already taken this as a sunk cost, can anyone out there help me set these thigns up so I can at least figure out how badly they suck/rock ? I'm having problems trying to connect this sub/amp up to my reciever. Let me know if you can help me out. Thanks.

marv
Unregistered guest
200 in knoxville tn, caught me on a good day. red chevy blazer, lic plate RAM110. havent tried them yet but for 200, ill put them in my sons room.

Unregistered guest
400 BUCKS!... End of the year bonus/Truck payment..
Its my own dumbass fault.. I already have sweet tower speakers... Just didnt want to miss the DEAL!... Got scammed pullin into a wendys In Wellington, Florida for lunch... walked right over to an ATM with the guy... Im going to stake out the same area for a few hours... Ill let you know how it turns out

Anonymous

there in myrtle beach, sc guy in a black chevy avalanche same dude as in nc i think

Scammed
Unregistered guest
Who would like to be involved in filing a complaint with the FTC and the California Attorney General's office against this PTS company that is engaged in this scam? Forms can be downloaded from the websites, or I have copies that can be emailed.

Unregistered guest
Today in Corona, CA. In the parking lot of a Vons shopping ctr. Paid a little more than going rate but chalking this one up to experience. Haven't tried them yet. This story was that they're company ordered 6 but they put 10 in the truck. High end custom installers also, played the million dollar homes bit, even had a docking invoice. Needed to get 4 sold quick. Had a chick with him and she was kinda cute (sucker), he initially said no to the deal and was going to drive off when she got out of the Jeep and said that her boyfriend was being too greedy but that she would sell them to me for 300. When I was at the ATM guess who was right behind me, you guessed it, she followed me right into the store. Fell for it hook, line, and sucker. Funny thing was when this was going down the thought crossed my mind that this sounded too scripted to be spontaneous. Gotta listen to intuition next time.

Unregistered guest
well look, ill do that fileing a complaint thing.. im down with that..
I went back to where I got played and waited 2 hrs.. nothing.. So I took that Big Black Dilldo and Shuved it right up my rectumm... gave the speakers to my boss. I gatta say this though... They dont look that bad.. there kinda pretty. and they aint formica either... looks to be stained and laquer finish.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us