The best home theater in a box for under 500.00 bucks

Scott Swope
I am in the market for a Home Theater System in a box. I would like to keep in under 500.00 dollars w/a cd player. I am thinking about getting a system and adding a CD player of my choice. Any ideas for me?

Thanks,
Scott

I bought the Onkyo HTS 650 for $434 delivered from SoundCity. Check their website. If the price is higher, you can call them, and they will give you that price.

I also purchased the Panasonic DVD RV32. It currently has a $20 rebate, so you can get it for about $99 delivered if you look around. I think Crutchfield will add $3 shipping, so it's $102. I recommend them. They are very reputable and have the best return policy. They will even pay to ship it back, no questions asked.

You will be about $30 over budget (before cables which you can buy over time), but you will be very happy. The system is awesome. The only thing you would be giving up with this set up is progressive scan. Progressive Scan is a DVD feature for high-definition televisions only. Other than that, you would be getting a top notch system for the money. The Onkyo is a great system from a great maker of receivers. You will be amazed at how much better this system is than the Sony systems. The Kenwood HTB 504 was a decent match, but they do not make that model anymore. The new models are not as good.

Whatever you do, do not buy a refurbished unit of any make. I've had a bad experience with a Kenwood, and I've seen other posts from disappointed people.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us