Wharfedale 9.1 for yamaha rxv450 .. can it work optimal..??

henrico
Unregistered guest
just curious. I quite interest with this award-winning stereo speaker. Wharfedale9.1. i've been thinking for upgrading my front 80watt yamaha speaker left n right only. Currently i have 6 speaker and using yamaha rxv450.
I like to upgrade this front speaker coz i like to listen some jazz cd with DIRECT STEREO or STRAIGHT MODE. and it using only left n right front speaker.
well, what do u guys think. Did i make a lot difference by replacing my speaker, regarding my setting is not for HIFI, its a simply home-theater setting, and i playback my cd using pioneer dvd player.

btw, below is my old thread, and no reply.. still hoping for some answer hehehe.. thanx a lot people.. :-) :-)
----- :
Well, im newbie in this gadget.. just bought in a couple month. And i quite happy. But i just wondering maybe i can overclock it, maybe im not maximize my setup, or wrong setup maybe..
i just like an advice for my setup. i quite dont understand what each setup means. i just folow what the default setting from the factory.. here the list of my question hehe..

1. speaker set, LARGE and SMALL. what is the current size for small n large actually. i'm using a 100watt yamaha NSP436. 6 speakers overall. with a yamah YST-SW015 subwoofer 70 watt. Should i put small or large. And what is the different by the way. I currently set it to SMALL.
2. CrossOver. 40,60,80,90,100,110,120,160,200Hz. so which one is the best setting for this. I currently set it to 100hz.
3.SubWoffer Phase. NORMAL or REVERSE. Still confuse bout the differences for both option. Even i try both, something when the sound is quite hard, like a bomb-scene movie sound. I can hear the sound is cracking. The overloaded sound is so annoying. So which one is the best for me.
4. LFE LEVEL. choice -20 to 0db (zero). what is this. I just set it to zero-db. Did i set it right???. This setting for Speaker and Headphone.
5. DYNAMIC RANGE. choice MAX, STANDARD and MIN. I also confise about this. So i just leave it to the MAX. This setting for Speaker and Headphone too.

That's all for now hehe. Sorry for to many question. well i still new in this business. so i need to learn more bout this. FYI, i just replace my standard speaker cabel to 14AWG cable. Just for Left, center, and right so far. And also replace the subwoffer cable to the thick-stereo cable. And my room size is only 4x5meter. Any advice is very pleased. Thanx a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us