Onkyo HTS-650 Discontinued?

I just got back from my local Circuit City store and was told by an employee the Onkyo HTS-650 had been discontinued and they could only build a similar package with seperate pieces, but that was going to cost about $100 more. I had never even heard of this system until last night doing research on good systems and this one so highly reguarded. Curious as to what's going on.

Chris Jacobs
Brian,

I'm sure others on this board will know far more than I do, but as of this morning, neither the Onkyo or Circuit City website has made any mention of the HT-S650 being discontinued. I have been planning to purchase one, so I hope they will be available in the near future.

I would order one...
I know that the local CC has stock on the HTS650, so I would just ask them to order one into your local store from a different store location. Don't piece the system together if you don't have to.

dollas
Brian,

Sounds like a Circuit City salesman scam to squeeze an additional 100 bucks off of you. Check online stores to see if it's still available.

rob p.
i just spoke with CC in milwaukee. when CC will be discontinuing a product, it will be marked down to a number ending in .96. as for milwaukee stores, they have no such information to the unit be discontinued any time soon.

i will be picking up one of these on monday. have been waiting for this for quite some time!

Well, called the CC store about 50 miles away plenty of them in stock and said no way it's being discontinued. Going to probably get one online if I can find a good price and free shipping. I emailed Soundcity that I've seen on here recommended last night, but still haven't heard back from them. Anyone sees a good price let me know. I'm looking at about $550 with taxes and all if I get it here.

Anonymous
Brian call Peter Green at 800-888-5343 x 701 and tell him Edwin sent you. I bought the HTS650 from him for $399 plus tax and I picked it up at their warehouse since I live only 20 minutes away. My brother ordered the same one yesterday for $399. Others here have gotten from him for $434 including free shipping. I also got the Onkyo DVCP500 from him for $225 so now I basically have the Onkyo HTS655DVC for $624 instead of $800. Not a bad deal. Can't wait to set it up since my basement is just completed.

CC
Brian--

In reference to the last post, if you don't mind spending an extra $200, I just ordered the Onkyo HT-S755DVC from Glenn at SoundCity for $829, including shipping. I absolutely love it, it gives me 6.1 sound instead of 5.1, plus a 5 disc progressive scan DVD which looks awesome with my new Hitachi big screen. I too was looking at the 655 at Circuit City, but I'd say spend the extra money and get the 755, it's worth it! Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us