DTS Braodcasts ?

Username: Aeades

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony digital box VTX800 and have connected it to my AV amp by an optical cable.

Now i guess this is available becuase some broadcasts contain a digital audio signal, but i am yet to see one .

Does anyone know of any TV programs broadcast with digital sound ?

aeades@swha.co.uk

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 280
Anthony,

What sort of "box"?

Satellite broadcasts are now mostly digital, for TV and radio. The only broadcaster I know of that does DTS in Europe is Swedish Radio, and that is still at the experimental stage: Multichannel SR 5.1. You can get SR in UK if you can receive broadcasts from the Sirius satellite at 3 degrees East. You can download sound clips in DTS from that web link, and burn a CD. They are impressive.

The BBC is miles behind with surround sound, I regret to say. There was a broadcast over Christmas of Under Milk Wood produced in 5.1 (a great idea), but it was only broadcast in stereo, I believe. And it is not even available for download.

This is an area where Europe comes in third, trailing behind N. America and Japan. The "switch to digital" in UK is supposed to be about freeing up bandwidth, but I am very sceptical.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us