Need help with DTS

Anonymous
I have a Onkyo HTS-650 and a Panasonic rv-32 dvd player. I can't get the DTS to work. I have the optical cable going from dvd to receiver. Subwoofer cable to subwoofer pre-out. Audio out(left and right)on dvd to dvd front (left and right). All speakers connected to their respective area on the receiver. Video out on dvd to video in on tv. S-video on dvd to s-video on tv. I have set the Dolby Digital and the DTS on the dvd menu to bitstream. I was using Blade II as the dvd to test. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
Not to sure about the Blade II disc, but make sure its coded in DTS. If it is, then make sure you select DTS audio from the disc menu.

Anonymous
Blade II is coded in DTS. I adjusted the dvd player setup mode in dolby and DTS to bitstream. Is the DTS light on the receiver suppose to light up or not? I don't know what I am doing wrong!!

Steve
the DTS symbol will illuminate if its sending DTS audio. I know you set your dvu player to bitstream...but, again, the disc itself probably has audio options too. Make sure you select DTS from the audio options on the Blade II disc.

Bronze Member
Username: James_s

Post Number: 19
I had the same problem with my Panasonic dvd rp-56, I also had an optical hook up, and the DTS would not work on any movie, I took it back to the place of purchase, and they sent it off to get it checked out. It turned out that the DTS decoder had simply shorted out, theyreplaced it, sent it back to me, and it works as good as new. Hope that helps you out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us