Prologic 2 to 5.1 question

Username: Jcharlesworth

Post Number: 1
hi,

I have a circa '98 - '99 panasonic tv with dolby prologic 2 built in. It has 5 outputs on the back; L/R front, L/R rear and a center. I also have a brand new, not particularly expensive 5.1 amplifier with the usual 6 speakers, and 6 inputs. I also have a DVD player that has the same 6 outputs. Obviously therefore i can directly connect the dvd player to the amp, which i hjave - works fine. But what i really want to do is connect the dvd player (and all my games consoles too) to the TV, then connect the tv to the amp, thus everything that goes into the tv will come out through the new amp. SO...

if the tv has the 5 outputs and is prologic 2, which of the 6 inputs on the amp do i miss out (woofer or center), and what are the disadvantages of doing this (like, will my dvd's not sound so good as they will go from 5.1 through prologic 2 to get back to the amp etc., and also will my games consoles suffer as well - especially games which output 5.1)? lots of questions, i'm new to this stuff; any help much appreciated.

james

Username: Jcharlesworth

Post Number: 2
further to the above, all my games machines are connected to the tv via RGB scart supporting 50/60hz with 2 stereo pins built in; the xbox and the ps2 cables have additional left and right RCA phono leads coming back out of the scart plugs in case you need them; the gamecube does not but if needed i could secure one with the RCA phono extras. This may or may not be useful info; if not please disregard.

james

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 338
I think you answered your own question by setting out your tv's 5 outputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us