HELP! Surround speaker expertise needed:

Chris Stormes
I'm a newbie @ home theatre systems. I'm 99% certain my connections (all monster cable) are correct.

I'm running:

Denon AVR-1803 receive w/optical to my DVD
Polk Tower fronts
Cerwin-Vega E-75C Center
Polk sub
Polk bookshelf surrounds.

Problem is this: Everything sounds great except that I'm getting distortion from the surround speakers. As everything is new (or almost new), I'm at a loss!

Anyone have any suggestions??

Chris Stormes
Anyone???

Brian
I'm not completely familiar with your receiver, but is it possible that you have your surround speakers setup as "large" speakers? This may cause your receiver to send frequencies too low for your surrounds to reproduce, hence distortion.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Chris Stormes
No I'm quite sure I've set them as small... but thanks for the response. Anyone else???

Anonymous
i have the same problem but have a klh r-5100 amp, sony sorrounds, the sound im getting is high pitched (and really annoying)

po
You should have purchased the Onkyo hts-650. The surround has great power output from the receiver and the surround speakers are crisp and clear.

Since you are new to home theater, you should have educated yourself before you made your purchases. Instead of the Denon, I could have recommended to you the Yamaha series of receivers.

-po

Anonymous
Suggesting someone purchase a dud like the HT-S650
is not a very educated thing to say. Sound problems, overheating, distortion. etc.

Anonymous
Perhaps the polarity on those speakers? Make sure negative is attached to negative, etc..

frank
Try this.... go into your tv options and turn off the "surround function" and the "tv speaker". Often times I run into this problem with friends and family and they have the audio out from the tv connected to the reciever and therefore they are receiving interfierence from the tv.. ie distortion. I would bet that this distortion does not occur when using DVD if you have connected your dvd directly to the receiver... am I right ?

Anonymous
I have a Pioneer VSX-27TX A/V Receiver. I have been having problems with the sound not coming on for several minutes. This happened several times with different inputs (DVD, stereo, VCR). Each time the sound eventually came on without me touching anything. Now, unfortunately, I am not getting it to come on at all. Everything else works except the sound. The connections appears to be correct (this has worked for at least two years now). Anyone have any advice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us