Is my DD 5.1 working with yamaha rxv450? no 5.1 icon in the LED amp..

Henrico
Unregistered guest
well, another newbie q, hehe
i have a yamaha rxv450 amp with 6.1 speaker. using pioneer dv533k. connected using optic cable.

when using DTS in a movie, theres no problem. I can feel the difference between each channel. And from the LED Display, theres an icon showing 5.1 channel is working (the center surround is not working, the dvd movie does not support 6.1)

But when i set the audio to DD 5.1. I think the sound is not as good as DTS. and also there only 2 speaker icon showing from amp LED display. Only Left & Right. well, is my DD5.1
working??? how come the sound feel like a stereo sound... well i dont know, maybe its just my hear has been foolish by the LED display from the yamaha amp. :-) Any suggestion..

Aaron S. Miller
Unregistered guest
If you are watching a movie in DTS, and then switch it to DD on the reciever I think you may end up with what you are talking about.

To switch to DD, you need to switch to the DD audio track on the DVD player. Usally you can just hit the "audio" button on the DVD remote, and sometimes you may need to goto the menu and change it in the set up portion.

That could be your problem.. Not sure though..

Good Luck!!!

Henrico
Unregistered guest
???.. you mean i'm switching my movie to dts-audio but using DD decoder on my receiver.. well i never try.. later back home, i'll try it.

but, i'm not sure its goes well. What i mean is if i switch to DTS in my movie menu. its goes well. the led for 5 speaker is blinking. no problem.
But if i switch to DD5.1. (ussually its 2nd option in audio menu, right. first stereo, than DD, and then DTS). Ok the sounds came out. But i'm not sure its 5.1 audio. And also the led display of my reciever only show 2 channel, Left n right (not 5.1). Do you thing its allright. Maybe the 5.1 sound is really came out, but the led only show 2.0 icon sounds, and that's my yamaha receiver issue. well.. maybe.. hahaha

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2833
Is the receiver on auto detect?
Is the DVD player configured to out Dolby digital or DTS?

Henrico
Unregistered guest
yap, i found the problem. now i can enjoy my dolby5.1
my receiver is auto detect.
The problem comes from my dvd player. I'm using pioneer DV533K. In the setup menu, the default setting is for dolby output is DOLBY PCM. I dont know why. When i switch to DOLBY DIGITAL, the receiver is automatically change to dolbydigital. ..finally.. i can enjoy the dd5.1 haha.. thanxs guysss

nemo_boy
Unregistered guest
Hi henrico, how much you beli? I beli 5,150jt with tannoy fx5.1. Kalo pake NSP436 harganya 5,112jt lho, di PIM!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us