What kind of connection cable to use to play regular cd's on a universal player?

Bronze Member
Username: Mjnoles1

Post Number: 26
I am using right now an optical digital cable to connect my universal player to my receiver for playing dvd's and using the 5.1 analog cable connections to play 5.1 dvd-a or sacd music. And as of now when playing a regular cd I just turn my receiver to the dvd play mode and play the cd. Is their a better way of connecting the universal player to the receiver for playing regular cd's or is the way I am doing it fine?
Should I connect the coaxial digital audio out on the universal player to the cd coxial digital audio input on the receiver? Or connect the L/R stereo channels from the universal player that is not being used for the 5.1 audio to the L/R stereo channels input for CD mode in the receiver? Or will it make no difference at all except that the receiver will show "CD" on its display and I should just play the regular cd's with the connections I have been using?

Stick with it..!!
Unregistered guest
NO!!! This is fine, just the way it shoud be done. By using the 5.1 analogue connections you are bypassing any / all digital encoders that may be present in the amp.. you know, things like pro-logic or circle surround. If the CD is recorded in L/R only it'll play the way it's meant to.. just Left and Right channels.. not with some horrible 'mock' surround added!

Just checking.. is your amp set to 'analogue' or 'digital auto'?

Any one disagree?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us