Rating the Yamaha RX-V2500

Edward CM
Unregistered guest
While getting the various components for my new system, and reading this and other forums I am doing the following:

1. Returning the Bose Acoustimass 15 and review recommendations from this and other forums
2. Double checking the compatability of the TW HDTV cable box with the Panasonic 50PHD7UY I will order
3. Continue pulling my hair out looking for a DVD recorder
4. Hope someone can provide insight on the Yamaha RX-V2500 and if that is the right choice

Thanks in advance for helping me avoid more mistakes.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2773
For DVD recorders, I am using a JVC and Phillips. Forgot the exact model numbers, but they work for the intended purpose.

The Yamaha RX-V2500, I believe is one of the better receiers made by Yamaha. You should get it if you like it.

Jayb
Unregistered guest
I would highly recommend the RXV-2500, as I personnally own the 2400 and I can;t say enough about it. I do take issue with your choice of speakers. (I work for Bose) While the AM-15 is a respectable system, you really won't be getting the full potential out of the RXV-2500. A receiver in that upper range, IMO should really be paired with towers and bookshelves or even towers in front bookshleves on the side and towers in back. Also the AM-15 is only 6.1 capable at most, the RXV-2500 is 7.1.

FYI here's what I'm running.

RXV-2400
Bose 701 II (front)
Bose 601 IV (rear)
Bose 301 IV (side)
Kef Q6c (centre
Polk Audio PSW 202 (sub)

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 129
I have the RX-V2500 and have been very happy with it.

It has a lot of cool features and is easy to use. The GUI menu system is great, and you can tweak everything to your hearts content so you can fine tune your speaker output to your personal preference.

Now days, at this price point, most all receivers offer a lot of neat stuff for the money.

Aaron S Miller
Unregistered guest
Other recievers to look at:

Onkyo TX-SR702 or TX-NR801 ($649.00 to $899.00)
Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX or VSX-54TX ($649.00 to $949.00)
Denon AVR-2805 or AVR-3805 (same range)

I would recoment if you have not already purchased the unit, to go and listen to it with different types of speakers. Each reciever will give you different sound from different speakers. And if you are able to test a set up out in your home would be good too. As the acoustics in your typical home audio store are set to give you the best sound while in the room..

Username: Eriqm

Mississauga, ON

Post Number: 1
Hi Paul, It seem like your very familiar with your RX V2500 and I basically read all of your posts. You have answered most of my inquiries by just reading your post, except for one thing. Right now my speaker setup is Polk Audio's RTi12 (front), CSi5 (center), PWS404 (sub) and RTi8 (rear). Sometimes it is hard to find the perfect match between receivers and speakers.

I just want your opinion on if RX V2500 will match perfectly with my current speaker setup. I hope you wouldn't mind sharing your speaker setup, so at least I can compare your speaker ratings to mine.

Thanks,

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 920
My feeling is that the 2500 will get the most out of just about any speakers. My advice is if you like what the Yammi offers, is to pick one up and give it a try. Most likely, you'll be thrilled with how your speakers sound. If not, you could always make an exchange. As for my speakers, I run a 7.1 surround setup, and run a variety of speakers varying in age and size. If you're interested, my system details for my HT are listed in the BRAGGING AREA under 'pics of pauls setup' in the HOME THEATER section.

Username: Jdsmoke

Post Number: 1
Eriq-
Nice set up. I have the RXV-2500 with RTi8 (F), CSi5 (C) and FXi5 (R) along with an SVS sub. Just my recomendation but you might consider getting a seperate amp to really make you speakers shine. Diving both the 12's and 8's will really work the yamaha. I would look to get a 2 channel for the fronts.

Mississauga, ON

Post Number: 2
Thanks Paul. I just want to do it right because I have a bad experience of mixing up components and it ends up spending more. Now I'd rather spend wisely, do my research and it would be good an investment in the end. I'd love to do the bi-ampling setup (dual amp on the fronts). But again need to do my research first and my wife might kill if I spend again. But hey, If you plan to do it, I suggest get a tube amp; so you would be in both world (digital and analog). The first time you'll hear it, I'll guarantee you'll feel goose bumps again, just like when you have your first system.

Mississauga, ON

Post Number: 3
Sorry... Thanks John. My mistake!

Mississauga, ON

Post Number: 4
John, How do you wire your front (RTi8) now? Just a suggestion. Try bi-wiring your fronts, it will perform pretty much like bi-amp but less expensive. RTis has build-in cross over that performs independently when connected separately, it will sound better and crisp in details. But be sure you remove the gold binders at the back of the speakers. Enjoy!

new yamaha
Unregistered guest
hello
I just bought an RX-V 2500. after connecting all coponents: dvd, vcr, tv, speakers, I turned this unit on. Nothing happens. The front panel did not even light up. Is my unit bad or I set it up wrong?. Can any one help? Thanks

Username: Bert_coppens

Post Number: 7
funny, I'm also sparing money to buy the Yamaha RX-V2500 in the beginning of 2006 when the prices become lower.

I still want a receiver with THX and the one from denon is way to expensive and has much more then I want. I don't want to make it too expensive because I know that in a few years with HD-DVD new receivers with new decoders like HD-DTS and DD++ might be included. So in 3 years I might have a new receivers. So I willing to spend more in the speakers that I might keep 10 years.

I'm also very busy at searching the right speakers for this speaker. Right now I'm aiming at the Pioneer S-V80A witch is at this point still new and crazy expensive.

http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=9651&taxonomy_id=42 -99

Maybe I wish to buy bigger and better speakers but that would be even more expensive and I'm afraid with every speaker from another product that the sound balans might sound wrong. So the best think I think is to buy is a complete satelite system. And the subwoofer looks almost the best so far I've seen exept for the latest from Kef.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us