Post Number: 1
How to hookup my;
Sanyo TV
Magnavox mdv650r/17 dvd Recorder
Phillips VCR
Phillips stero
Sima CT2 GoDvd duplicator/enhancer
RCA Video Selector box
Where I can use more than one componet at the same time and....have all audio thru the stereo speakers?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/70179796/265259868FgDLNA

Username: Nettie

Post Number: 2
I forgot to mention that all need to hookup to my Dish Network 301 receiver so that I can also record from there. And also a PS2 to add.

Post Number: 3
Also....I only have a coax cable on TV. My tv doesn't have a S video or RCA connectors on it.

Username: Pinedaway

Memphis, TN USA

It seems like you would just need a Video/Audio selector box with a coax input. I have a Philips Audio/Video selector with RF Modulator set up like this:
Coax Input ----> TV
Input 1 -------> DVD Player
Input 2 -------> DirecTV box
Input 3 -------> My computer's sound card
Input 4 -------> Nothing
Output --------> Speaker system

and I have my PS2 plugged into the RCA jacks on my TV. I could have put it on input 4 but then I couldn't listen to music on my computer through my surround sound. As far as hooking it up to your Dish Network receiver...not so sure...maybe have that as your output and hook your speakers in to the receiver? Not sure if that was any help at all :-) Good Luck
pinedAway

Post Number: 5
But will I be able to watch tv on one channel while recording another channel? And where does the Sima CT2 GoDvd box hook up at? Would input 2 be my Dish network receiver hookup? I am soooo confused! Thanx so much for helping me!

Memphis, TN USA

Post Number: 4
Well, I'll have to admit I'm a bit stumped and none of this may be of any help, but here are my thoughts :-)

The biggest thing I'm not getting is how you would watch one channel while recording another - Can you or have you been able to do this before? As far as I know about your receiver, only one channel can be received at a time. I'm pretty sure what you want from that can't be done (Well they do make receivers with two satellite inputs, but yours isn't one of em)

Now, for hooking everything up.....
My thinking is it would be a helluva lot more convienent if your audio/video selector had a coax output for your TV, but.....let's see :-)

You want your satellite receiver and VCR to be inputs into your DVD Recorder so you can record straight from those....

I may try this with your Audio Video Selector:

Video Out ---> Input on Sima GoDVD box ---> then
have the output on the Sima GoDVD box go to
DVD Video In
Audio Out ---> Audio In on stereo
Input 1 ---> A/V outputs on Dish Network
Input 2 ---> A/V outputs on VCR
Input 3 ---> PS2

Then plug your TV into the coax output on your DVD Player

In theory it would seem as though pressing Input 1, Input 2, or Input 3 on your Audio Video selector would output the selected device through your GoDvd box and then to your DVD Player - which in turn will be outputting to your TV. And the sound from those 3 devices would output to your stereo....but hmmmm...how will your DVD output to your stereo....arrrrggg!
I'll think about it some more and keep ya posted -

let me know if that makes any sense at all, because I'm bored and delerious at 4:00 a.m.

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 380
hello people

any one like to know more info then you care to, and it come with chart and picture
go here
Message Board: Home Theater: Home Theater Setup & Planning: The ultimate theatre setup guide

Use this link to go directly to the discussion:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html

Memphis, TN USA

Post Number: 5
Wow, way to take the fun out of it! Just kidding...
That is a really great thread - thanks for that!
It has damn near every setup you could imagine, but it is lacking at least one diagram...I would like my dog's barking to be outputted in 5.1 surround, could we get some info on that? :-)

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 389
pinedAway
sorry laughing that one for now on til ther get voice sensor and software put on machine, no way that i know about yet to to that and i think you pulling my legs any was lol
any was glad you like the site i do not get any feedback from it for the most part, i some time wonder if any one really goes there

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 390
pinedAway
but if you wher just takeing a bout a sound to play back, just record it and play it back over you speaker

really do not know what you realay mean any was

Memphis, TN USA

Post Number: 6
hehe I was just kidding :-) I was just trying to think of the most unrealistic and useless thing to do with your home theater and for some reason plugging wires into my dog came to mind lol

I'd imagine that site would answer just about anyone's questions about hooking their equipment up- maybe that's why you get no feedback -- it is just too damn informative! It kept me up until about 4 in the morning last night and I have all my equipment hooked up just fine, I just found it fascinating hehe

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 393
pinedAway

it a lot to read in one siting, and it about everything i could put in it but the kitchen sink
glad you like it
info is out there but it damm hard to find, i spend a lot of time do all the work as i had to covent some thing to photo, and co sell machine but never tell you for most part how to connect

Username: Oldzord

Post Number: 1
How do I connect a DVD recorder to my direct tv. I don't have an AV receiver connected to my tv. Only satellite to tv. Just purchased DVD recorder. Followed instructions in guide and it didn't work. Can someone please send me a diagram.

Thanks

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 514
Omar Munoz

hello try going to this site and see if it can answer a few of your question

Anonymous

Help- I have a new sanyo TV; a Home "movie machine which has a DVD player, speakers etc, and a VCR.Unable to hook it up to have TV audio come through speakers- just works with DVD player

Anonymous

Ihave a Toshiba Flat TV ,DVD Player,Technics stereo & Ensing Mixer which I am unable to hook up by using a video/audio selector.Could you please help hook them all up so that I can use it all as a karaoke system?

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 556
Anonymous
try this site, but it for info only no post will be answer on that page any was
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/123378.html,
and i know not a thing about karaoke

Unregistered guest
Just got a Phillips Auto Audio/Video Selector w/RF modulator. Plugged the Red/Yellow/White cables from PS2 into Selector 1; Black/White cable from VHS player into Selector 2; Red/Yellow/White cable from Game Cube into Selector 3. Cable goes from outside directly into the Phillips component; TV cable also goes directly into Phillips component. Only TV works. What am I doing wrong?

Username: Baydo

McKenna, WA USA

arnie (dirtfarmer)

I niavely wired my theater room with only a HDMI cable before they sheetrocked it. Do you know of a device or switch box to connect a DVD Player (DVI connection), HD Dish receiver (DVI connection), computer and video camera (both S Video), and a component video device all to a front projector using the one HDMI cable?

Unregistered guest
I have a old tv that I am trying to hook up a dvd recorder to it...the tv only has one input for a cable type...I understand I probably need a rf modulator?....what I would like to know is what is the hook up sequence..I have satellite tv right now, going into a vcr..then going into the tv. It works fine that way, however the dvd recorder (apex) says it cannot be hooked up thru a vcr for there will be distortion in the picture....I did try it and yes there are waves and distortion...so in what sequence would everything be hooked up if I get the rf modulator...? equipment: satellite, old tv, vcr and APEX dvd recorder. I also can play a dvd player by simply hooking it up with the red white and yellow cables thru the vcr and it will play well..again keep in mind the tv has only ONE input..it is old old old.
If it is possible, could anyone email me with the sequence of what goes into what-information before I completely destroy the whole set up...thanks

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 586
joann
i have 2 site that will help you and if you read them i sure it will help you
if not you can allwas post again, but your question has been answer many tme all ready at these site
Message Board: Home Video: DVD Players: Connect older TV to DVD, VCR & Digital Cable Box using RF Modulator
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/16195.html
and
Message Board: Home Theater: Home Theater Setup & Planning: The ultimate theatre setup guide

Unregistered guest
Arnie
sorry to have to repeat myself but you left the door open by saying I could post again...I have been to the links you supplied and read and read and some of it sinks in..some doesnt..so I will ask you again and hope you have the patience to help me out.....here is what I want to do..hook up a older tv (I know I will have to use the rf modulator) but if you could tell me the sequence of what goes into what...
old tv
rf modulator
dvd RECORDER
vcr
direct tv satellite box
and will I need to purchase any cables for the additional hook up to the modulator? If the vcr is a problem I can eliminate it..but would like to keep it for I still have a lot of vhs movies.
I successfully hooked up a dvd recorder to a newer tv and satellite box but without a vcr...and I know this will be similar but just enough different that I am lost.
And out of curiosity...when I am reading the other posts...in hooking up the dvd recorder, can it be treated in the same way as a dvd player?

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 593
joann
hi
no problem as you know you have to use a rf modulator for a older tv when you try to connect a dvd player or recorder only

ok with a rf modulator
you connect it the center, it like this, dvd connect to re mod with the 3 video audio cable the one red white and yellow
yellow is video, red and white are audio

so you connect the dvd to rf mod useing the cable, now that was in the first put, as you know older tv did not have video audeo plug, all ther had was coxail, so you now have to attach a coxail cable to the rf mod to tv
that how you get a new dvd to work on a old tv set
you also have the option of useing a splitter for coxial cable, but as you know coxail is the least favorable now day to use, i would use the video audio cable if i could

i take it the older tv has only coxial plug on back, and the cable came from cable box useing a coxail cable

vcr have a rf mod inside but dvd do not

coonect the cable to the dvd via the coxial plug on back of dvd

now
for vcr on back ther should be the audio video cable

connect out put of vcr cia the 2 a v cable to input on dvd
some perople may have a differnt way to do it, and it would be easy, if it was not for teh rf mod and older t v

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 594
joann

a dcd player run in to the same problem as a dvd recorder ot the other way around
no diffent

Anonymous

Hello:
I have a Zenith Sentry 20" tv. The TV has only
1-video and 1-audio A/V in the back. I connect my Sharp VCR thru coaxial and it works fine. I want to connect via A/V, but cannot make this work. The user manual says, change the TV to the highest channel, this is the AUX channel and this should work. I have tried it but it doesn't work. Please advise. It's an older TV
Romero

Polly
Unregistered guest
I have not been able to get the DVD to work with Charter Cable. It did with Dish. Charter needs TV to be on channel 4, DVD will only play on channel 3. I tried moving the switch in the back, but it still does not work. Also when it did record with Dish and I played it on another machine the CC did not show up.
Any suggestions?

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 608
Polly
try going in to the dvd setup meue and add channel to it

i once connect a satelite and a dvd vcr cobo, both work but not together
we what to tape video from satelitte to dvd vcr cobo, but ti would not all we got was noting on tape
we had to go in to dvd vcr setup and tell machine to find all chaneel

hope this help
try look for a channel setup in the dvd setup menu

Polly
Unregistered guest
I started it to get the menu and it now will not play on the TV on either channel. The disc turns and then "ROOT" shows on the DVD display and it does nothing more. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything and it still does that. Am I just not connecting it properly?
Thanks.

Polly
Unregistered guest
I got it to work by changing the input on the TV menu to VCR, but then the cable won't play. I did add channel 4 to the DVD. So the DVD is still not talking to the cable box. Now what do I need to do?
Thanks.

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 610
Polly

i glad you found out about the tv/video mode, i forgot about that one
to view cable or vcr tape, you do not have to change mode, but dvd are differnt on a lot of tv you have to change mode to get dvd to show a menu at start up even when ther no dvd cd in machine to view cable you would have to change video mode again
i know it a pain, you have to change it for dvd and back again to cable

ok a dvd player with not be able to record any thing it only a player
to record you need a dvd recorder, just a point of info

make sure dvd player is off when you try to view cable, some dvd player went on cause other thing not to work

Polly
Unregistered guest
Thanks Arnie. Yes, I do have a DVD recorder, but I'm assuming if I have to change the TV to VCR option that if I record, I will only get static. I haven't tried it, just assuming it would work that way.

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 611
Polly

yes you will get only static as i did when i try in my example upabove on til i told dvd player to find all chanel, once that was done it record fom sateliite to vcr, before that all i got by like you said static, even when dvd player work and satelite work but not together
seem you have the same problem
all you can do is set it up on the menu in dvd player, and use the tv/video mode button on tv remote to player dvd, the main thing geting the dvd to see all the chaennel you have as that was my problem, once i set it up use search for all chaneel and it enter tmen in to memory, it record, i bet you have the same problem more or less

Polly
Unregistered guest
OK thanks, I'll try that.

Anonymous

I have a 9 year old sanyo tv and just got a new sanyo dvd and rca vcr to hookup with this tv. I have had the cable tv company come in and hook it up but, now I can't get the dvd to play or the vcr to record or play. What has he done !! I don't have a cable box due to down grading to basic cable. I should'nt really need a cable box but, is there something else that I need ?

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 612
Anonymous
you tv has the audio video 3 plug on back ?????????
and please read Polly and my post, i think you have the same problem
one is dvd will only play on a differnt video mode then what cable and vcr do, so find the video/tv buttom on you tv remoto
two is on dvd setup meue, find the channel set up and tell dvd to find all channel
see if that does not work

Anonymous

I bought a samsung dlp 56" Im a rookie. I have a bell sat. Jvc receiver, dvd player,and a cd player, Want to hook all up with sound surround. Need to know where to start? what goes to tv or what feeds off other implements. Have 2 s cables and other cables. The sat comes in on a coax cable. Can get certain thinhgs to work but not others. want it done right

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 613
Anonymous

start by reading the manual and looking at setup photo

and use the reciver as the center piont to you system

and this system has a good chart to look at

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi 65" TV with HD built in, Dish Network Satelite receiver, Panasonic VCR/DVD Combo with surround sound, Panasonic DVD recorder with HDD, and a monster power box. I have tried so many different variations of hook up, I have now confused myself. Can someone post a diagram to show how this mess should be connected.

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 618
Leslie Ohara
i do not know if it will help any but you could try here

Mini
Unregistered guest
I have an old SONY TV which I want to connect to my new Pioneer DVD recorder. The TV has a coaxial cable connection the old type, meaning it is not a screw-on, but a push-in type, while the DVD recorder has a screw-on type of coaxial cable connection. Is it possible to connect in such a case and are such cables available? i could use the 3-individual cable connection, but that does not help in recording what you receive through the cable receiver. Any suggestion?
Mini

Deanna
Unregistered guest
I have an old Emerson TV which I want to connect to a sony DVD player. The TV only has a coaxial cable connection and the DVD player only has RCA. The VCR has a coaxial and RCA. How do I hook these up?

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 622
Mini and Deanna

on a older tv set, to connect a new dvd player, you can use a RF Modulator

connect from coxial cable from tv to re mode and then by 3 audio /video cable from rf mod to dvd player

to better understand what i mean go here
Message Board: Home Video: DVD Players: Connect older TV to DVD, VCR & Digital Cable Box using RF Modulator
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/16195.html

it should do the test
i use on on my old tv set and ther no problem with it

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us