Equalizing While Using Suround Sound

Username: Dariusx

Post Number: 1
I have a lot of questions dealing with surround sound but I will start with my most basic. Is there a way to control the bass and treble while using surround sound? When using the surround sound mode those controls are deactivated on my receiver. I did a work around that by connecting my dvd/cd player into an equalizer and then connecting that to the receiver and had good results.

Now, I want to take the plunge into total digital, using the component function. If I do this, I will not be able to use my work around. I do not understand why you cannot use your controls in surround sound. Some music or movies need more or less bass and treble. The "so called" sound fields that my receiver offers are lame. Any thoughts on this?

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 26
The Harmon Kardon AVR7300 lets you EQ anything.

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 27
I also should add, the HK 7300 has multipile crossover points on every input and speaker adjustment. This means your DVD,VCR,etc.. can be totally configured different. Every input can have its own sound and adjustments and is stored in memory.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 164
Use the pre-outputs only and amplifiers EQ's active X-over units compressor limiters and EQ's

Matching loudspeakers at the front no mismatching, as this will result in poor rich mans home cinema I Kidd you not.

And THX sound system as well, and stop beating around the bush...

Now then

You'll have a better sound

Ashley
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us