Where to hide sub?

Unregistered guest
I'm setting up my first HT system and am very interested in not seeing a sub on the floor. I don't have an exact brand of speakers picked out yet, but it will be a small satellite 5.1 w/ sub type of deal. The sitting area does not have a space to hide the sub behind - the back of the sofa facing the TV has too much space behind it to hide anything. There will probably be a loveseat added along with an end table between the 2, in an L shape. Perhaps the sub could be hidden in the new table somehow? Would this cause the table to rattle? It is a small room. . .the only other place I can think of where a sub could disappear is the component niche, where the receiver/cd changer/etc will go. This goes from mantle height to floor level. It's basically a niche with shelving for compenents - or it will be anyway. Could a sub be put in here on the bottom level? Would the fact that it is enclosed in a niche mess things up acoustically? Would it rattle the components or could it damage them in some way? I'm a newbie to all this and I am looking for choices as to how to best make the sub fit into my decor - it seems pointless to have chosen lesser quality little satellites for size concerns, only to have a sub exposed in the middle of the floor. . .any help would be greatly appreciated. . .Thanks!

Username: Jcamp

Lancaster, Ohio USA

Post Number: 2
Put the sub in a corner and face it straight to the back of the room. Don't angle toward the center of the room. Put a lamp or a planter in front to hide it. If you put it on a shelf, all the articles on the shelf will jump around like mexican jumping beans.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us