Need Serious Help

Username: Newbie01

Post Number: 1
Hey well I am new to this board and even newer to surround sound. Was wondering if I could get some advice in lamest terms. I currently own a 27'in lcd computer monitor that I am using also as a tv. I wanted to hook up a surround sound sytem for it. This system would be in my bedroom and I want it to be able to get considerably loud. Oh also I dont want to use computer speaker, I know I need some sound card in order to use tv speakers. Anyways I wanted to spend between 1k-2 for the whole thing including receiver and all. I am wondering if someone could perhaps put together a system for me and maybe explain some of the things I should look for when purchasing this type of system. Furthermore I wanted to order it online, hopefully off ebay not sure how safe that is. I went to best buy and they recommended Jbl and clipse speakers with a yamaha receiver. They seemed extremely pricy so I am wondering if you can get it much cheaper online or if I need to just bite the bullet and purchase it from best buy?

Bronze Member
Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 36
Is the monitor a PC monitor or a monitor/TV?

How the the TV signal enter the monitor?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us