Help adding VCR to setup

Username: Stevetracy

Post Number: 1
Hi I am trying to add a VCR to muy home theatre setup(as well as get my DVD player back up and running) and am not having any luck. The VCR (JVC HR-J692U) has only composite outputs on the back (and standard Coax input)

The system I am trying to add this to includes

RCA RT2370 HT Receiver
PRIMA TV with S-Video Component and Composite IN
XBOX (using Component IN on TV and Optical(switched) IN on Receiver
Motorola DCT2500 (Using Orange DigitalCoax on Receiver) and currently s-video for viewing
RCA 5 disk DVD player using optical (switched) IN on Receiver (Video is not currently hooked to anything(I;'m confused as to hwo this should work. I tried to hook it to the DVD IN on the Receiver but realized I was one s-video cable short so it is currently not hooked up.

How can I hook this situation up so I can watch my DVDs and also tape TV on my VCR. I can currently view VHS tapes but it is not hooked into the cable. All diagrams I have seen show inputs and outputs on the VCR.

HELP

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 282
hello
try this site

Message Board: Home Theater: Home Theater Setup & Planning: The ultimate theatre setup guide

Use this link to go directly to the discussion:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html

Post Number: 5
Thanks Dirt but that image doesnt really help. I can't read it or see it when I print it out. Thanks anyways though.

Post Number: 5
Thanks Dirt but that image doesnt really help. I can't read it or see it when I print it out. Thanks anyways though.

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 339
i have e mail chart to people before
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us