What is the Best way to connect a HTPC to a SDTV for the best picture quality?

Username: Jobarn

Post Number: 1
I have been trying to improve the picture quality of my HTPC to my 32" Sony SDTV. I have an ATI AIW Radeon 7500 soon be replaced by a Hauppauge WinTV 500. I have been using the s-video to my Sony and tried to tweak the settings with the AIW software but I have always been unsatisfied with the results. I would hate to dump the Sony now for a HDTV because the Sony still has as good a picture today as the day I bought it. ( considering it's not a HDTV it's still pretty good ) It's too big to make into a bed room TV and I don't really want to spend $1500 to just get a DVI input when I'm not ready to buy the HDTV package from cable or any satelite services yet.
This week I'm going to try a WinTV 500 tuner card and an Abit GF4-TI4200 video card.
If you have any better idea's on how to improve the picture quality on an SDTV using a
HTPC please let me know. It seems the like a DVD player or VCR tuner is always better than the picture I can get with my HTPC with s-video out?
Has any one had any experiences with software like powerstrip in a
situation like this?
I'm also looking forward to seeing how the WinTV 500 works with GB-PVR...................
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us