Video is sometimes distorting DVD's output picture

Username: Adamh

Post Number: 1
Help, our DVD player is going to the reciever which plays sound fine but the picture which is going through the video player, the picuture is sometimes fuzzy. THIS ONLY OCCURS WHEN PLAYING SOME DVD'S. The tv's picture, xbox, video player, all these pictures are fine ALL THE TIME, but when inserting certain dvds the videoplayer breaks up the picture. I can watch Police Academy DVD but when it comes to Tom Green I get the picture broken up. Yet when I play it on another DVD in the other room which is going straight to the TV the damn picture and sound is fine. Please help, just to let you know all the cables used in our setup our all RCA cables. Brand New too! PLEASE help and I will be so thankful.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2430
There are DVDs that are copy protected by macrovision and sometimes these protection will interact adversely with other equipment that are capable of recording videos. The best thing to do is hook up the DVD player directly to the TV.

Username: Adamh

Post Number: 2
I would do that but our tv only has 1 set of rca inputs and 1 set of rca outputs and the video is going into the input set of rcas.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2439
You could get a video switch. You can find them at Wal-Mart or Radio Shack. It is a device that lets you plug in multiple video sources in to one video input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us