A budget of $7,000-10,000 for everything, what to get?

Unregistered guest
Like many people, I'm setting up a new home system, and I'm not sure what's going to work well together. Use will be 50/50 music/movies, with music being everything from classical to blues and rock. I'm open to almost any brand name that will fit in my budget. So if you know of good components that work well together, that's my goal. Here are some of the combinations I was thinking of:

- Denon 3805 A/V receiver
Need for a bigger amp for the fronts? (I've heard you can bi-amp the 3805 with the 7.1 surround jacks if you only run 5.1)
- Denon DVD 2910
- Polk LSi15's or maybe Klipsch RF-7's??? (along with their corresponding surround speakers and sub)
- Outlaw interconnects and cables
- Any other items or components that really make or break a system???

I already own a Hitachi 53" widescreen HDTV(great picture), so that probably is staying for awhile.

These are just ideas, and again, I'm open to other products or models that just are simply better. Let me know what you think, it's always nice to hear where other peoples experiences have led them. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2343
For that budget...
How about the OUtlaw Audio 905 with the Outlaw Audio 770 7 channel power amp?
That DVD player is nice.
I would also recommend this with the Axiom Epic 80 speaker system. Or the Paradigm Reference series.

Unregistered guest
Thanks Berny;

I've been looking at different forums, and there seems to limitless combinations of speaker/receiver groups. I'd like seperates for overall better system configuration, I just don't know what quality I can get for that in my budget.

I had considered either a Pioneer Elite or upper H/K for the receiver, but what speakers and amp to pair with them? I know NAD, Sunfire, Outlaw, and even H/K have good amps, but I've never used any of them before.

You mentioned the Axioms and Paradigm Ref speakers, how do those compare to the KEF Q series? or even the Polk LSi's?

Also, I've heard of people using power conditioners for their amps, receivers, DVD, ect. Is it something you need right away, or maybe after set up and seeing if you are getting any bleed through or static from other things in your house?

I appreciate the time and advice.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2357
I like the Paradigms and Axioms much better than any Polk speakers. The KEF's are also an excellent choice.

I don't use a power conditioner...I have those big APC UPS for servers and I haven't had any problems. But I believe your system can benefit from them if nothing more than power protection.

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
throw MartinLogan in there as well.

You can get an absolutly stunning electrostatic speaker system made up with the:

MartinLogan Clarity mains: $2700
MartinLogan Cinema center: $1800
MartinLogan Script i (or mosaic) surrounds: $2000
MartinLogan Grotto subwoofer: $995

7495 for an absolutly awe inspiring 5.1 surround sound speaker system. I love electrostatics, and the clarities are no exception. At

for electronics:

Denon AVR-3805 reciever at $1199.99
Denon DVD-2910 (DVD-AUDIO/SACD/CD/DVD) at $649

I have heard the DVD-2910 play CD's over the 'Logan Clarity speakers, and the sound is beyond desctiption. If you are familiar with these speakers, you will know what sound you will get. Depth, Width, and synergy abounds. There is nothing between you and the music.

The panels on these speakers are curved to help eliminate the small sweetspot that stats commonly have. Properly set up, the sweetspot is wide enough for people sitting on a couch to enjoy.

ENJOY IT THEY WILL.

The total cost minus tax and cables of the system I have reccomended is $9343

If I had 10 grand to spend on a home theatre system, this is how I would spend it.

MartinLogan has other options that are less costly that sound quite good, such as the Mosaic.

The Mosaics are floorstanders, while the Script i's are wall mount. The difference is they use a slightly different technology, similar to magnepan. As a result, they sound like a magnepan with stronger bass

I have also heard this speaker at legnth and reccomend it fully as a main or surround.

www.martinlogan.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us